Chapter 2

"Hold still!" Paisley shouts as she prods and plucks my face in the girls toilets.
"It hurts."
"Pain is beauty. I'm nearly finished anyway." I've been sat here for about 20 minutes; my daily make-up only takes 5.
"Voila." She says kissing the tips of her fingers like a French chef. I look like a walking Barbie doll; worse I look like Paisley.
"Paisley I look so fake." I grab a handful of paper towels and start rubbing at my face trying to scrape some of this foundation off. She just rolls her eyes and hurries me out of the wash room to show everybody how 'gorgeous' I look. It did not go down well.

I go to town after school to kill some time before having to go back to that hell hole I call home.
I sit on the bench in the middle of the shopping centre just watching all the dads and daughters walk past. They're all so happy. Their dads actually care about them. I open my bag and hold the pills in my hand. I close my eyes and a tear rolls down my cheek; I quickly wipe it away and bury the drugs under my PE kit. I don't want to go home but someone has to look after Hayley. I take a deep breath and walk to the bus station; all I can think about is those pills.

"Where the fuck have you been all night you worthless piece of shit!?" He screams. Here we go again.
"My uh bus broke down." I look at the floor and push my hair behind my ear.
"Don't fucking lie! Get the fuck out of my sight you dirty sket."
I bight down hard on my lip and run to my room like I do every single night. I sit there thinking about ending it all; not here though I wouldn't want Hayley to find me. Maybe I don't have to do that... It's my 18th birthday in a week; I can take Hayley and leave this place.
I lay on my bed fantasising about our life, how much happier we would be and I eventually fall asleep.
"What the fuck do you think you're doing!?" He gassers.
"I I I'm sleeping."
"No you're fucking not." He grabs my hair and pulls me out of bed and down the hard wood stairs.
"Ow ow you're hurting me!" I yell pulling at his hand trying loosen his grip.
"Oh I'm hurting you am I!?" He screeches right in my ear. I don't answer because I know that is a bad idea.
"Answer me!"
Hayley realises I am crying and tries to get him off of me but he is too strong. I close my eyes hoping it is all a dream; I hear Hayley shouting at this monster, a loud bang then silence.
I open my eyes, turn my head and Hayley is lying on the floor next to the wall.
I elbow him in the balls and he lets go. I run over to Hayley and check if she is breathing.
"Nooooo!" I scream. I'm crying uncontrollably and I can't breath. He took the only thing that mattered to me.
"You're gonna pay for this you sick man!" I cry. He gets up and shoves me into the wall like he did with Hayley. Everything goes black.

____________________________
Honestly started crying when I wrote that part about Hayley. What's going to happen to Lux?

*if you don't know what gassers means it's just another world for shouts. And a sket is like a slag, slut, whore.*

Hope you're enjoying the story
-Jess