Chapter 13

'Dear Miss Cassidy,
Your sister Hayley Cassidy's body is available for retrieval. If you could pick her body up from the coroner by Thursday 12th of June that would be perfect otherwise her body will be cremated.
Thank you.'

My whole body wrenches and I suddenly can't breath. My fairytale has been destroyed with the reality that my sister was brutally murdered.
"What was the letter about?" Tyler asks.
"Uh I have to pick Hayley's body up with in the next 3 days otherwise she will be cremated." I say my voice shaking.
"We can go now." He says picking up the car keys.
"Okay." I say grabbing my bag.

I just stare at her cold stiff body. Tyler puts his arm around me, I turn into him and sob.
"It's gonna be okay Lux." He says trying to reassure me. I cry harder.
"Well m'am we can send her body to a funeral parlour of your choice." The coroner says in a rather monotone voice.
"Thank you." I sniffle.
I give him the address and he begins the paperwork.

The funeral was small. My grandparents, Josh, Tyler and I were the only people to show up. We buried her tiny casket next my mum. We laid flowers on her grave and I laid some on my mums.

I stay inside for weeks. I feel like there is nothing left in the world for me to believe in not even Tyler. I become distant from him and start to sleep on the sofa. He comes through the door and just stares at me lying on the couch.
"Lux." He says bluntly.
"What Tyler." I hiss.
"You need to go outside. Come get lunch with me or come to see Josh. Do something." He says pulling my blanket off of me.
"I don't want to do anything with you!" I yell pulling the blanket back.
"I thought we had something Lux. I understand you are hurting but you don't have to be so nasty!" He slams his bedroom door and I sit sulking. After a few hours I start to feel bad so I get up and stand outside his door. I slowly open it and he is lying on the bed; I walk in and lie next to him.
"I'm sorry for being a bitch." I say in a sad babyish voice pushing my bottom lip out. He puts his arm round me and kisses the top of my head.
"That's okay. Just promise you will never push me away again." He says with puppy dog eyes.
"I can't promise anything." I giggle. He doesn't find it very funny.
"Okay okay I promise." I say snuggling up to him.
"Good." He laughs.
We roll around playfully for a few minutes and then I start to feel extremely sick.
"Oh my god!" I yell.
"What?" He says panicked. I start to feel really faint and my whole body is in agony. "I can't move." I lay there on the bed completely still.
"Shit!" He picks me up and takes me to the car like he did the day I tried to kill myself. I am really in and out of it the whole journey.
We get to the hospital and they take me to the intensive care unit and start tests on me. Finally they come in with a clear plastic pot.
"We need you to pee in here." They say like its the most normal thing in the world.
"Uh okay." I respond. 5 minutes later they come in holding the pot of my urine and a small strip of paper. They dip the tip of the paper in my pee; the tip goes pink.
"You're pregnant." The doctor says bluntly. Mine and Tyler's eyes widen.
"Why did I have that reaction though?" I ask concerned.
"Well when you are pregnant your veins thin and you are more prone to clots and considering your medical history you didn't take to it very well. We are going to give you some pills to help with it." I feel more calm about it but I still can't believe I'm pregnant.
"How far along?" Tyler asks in excitement.
"Well we can go for an ultrasound to find out and to check on the baby's health, maybe take some pictures."
"Yeah that would be great." We say in unison.
"We're having a baby." Tyler says with a beaming smile across his face.

_______________________________
Sorry if the chapter wasn't that good. Hope you're enjoying the story
-Jess