Chapter 30

I lay there anxiously waiting for the results. Tyler standing above me in his tuxedo, I had to get changed because a wedding dress wasn't exactly appropriate.
"Your baby is fine." The midwife says. A wave of relief comes over me and I hear Tyler sigh a sigh of relief.
"So why did she have that pain and start bleeding?" Tyler asks.
"Well I suspect it was a clot that had passed. I'm not sure about the pain. Are you prone to clots?"
"Yes during my last pregnancy I was prescribed some pills to help with it." I say.
"Okay I will write you a prescription and you know what to do."
I force a smile and nervously play with my wedding ring. Tyler puts his hand on mine and kisses my cheek. Dahlia comes running into the room in her little flower girl dress.
"Hi baby." I say sadly. Tyler picks her up and tickles her neck playfully.
"Why you in hospital mummy?" She asks.
"Well..." I begin.
"You're gonna have a baby brother or sister." Tyler says ecstatically.
"Are we still gonna have your party?" She says.
"Um yeah if you want." I say.

The reception was beautiful. I felt a lot better after I ate. I ended up wearing a knee length white skater dress with my turquoise converse and some pink frilly socks. Dahlia, Tyler and I danced the night away... well until 11:30pm when Dahlia passed out on the row of chairs and my cousin Fern had to take her up to the hotel room and sit with her. Dahlia stayed in a room with Josh and Lana so Tyler and I could have the night to ourselves.

I lay on the bed with a bowl of M&M's in front of me; Tyler is in the bathroom getting ready for bed. He comes out and dives next to me taking a handful of chocolate when he lands.
"You're such a goof." I giggle.
"Well you married this goof." He jokes.
"I'm already regretting it." I'm suddenly in hysterics. I end up sat on Tyler's chest after a major tickle fight.
"Welcome to the rest of our lives." He whispers.
"Thank god." I smile then lean in and kiss his soft lips; he puts his hands on my hips and kisses me back. I can't believe I am going to spend the rest of my life with this amazing man.

I wake up in the middle of the bed, Tyler nowhere to be seen. I look around confused. All of his stuff is gone. I grab my phone and I have no texts from him; I have a text from josh telling me that Dahlia misses me. I put my sweat pants on and a sweater then go up to Josh's room. I pick Dahlia up and all of her stuff.
"Uh Josh do you know where Tyler is?"
"No, why?"
"I woke up and all of his stuff is gone."
"That's weird. I'll call him."
I am sitting in my room when my phone starts to ring. I hope it's Tyler but it's Josh.
"Hey find anything out?" I ask hastily.
"Uh he said he has to be alone for a little bit."
"Why?"
"I don't know."
"Did he say where he was?"
"No. Lux just leave him for a few hours he probably just needs to clear his head from something."
"Okay." I hang up the phone and start to pack my stuff to head home.
I get home expecting Tyler to be there but he isn't. I decide to go to the studio. When I get there he is in the recording booth playing some of his old songs on the piano. I gently knock on the window; he looks up, his eyes all red and puffy. I walk into the room and sit opposite him holding a tissue. I wipe his cheeks and around his eyes.
"What's going on? Why did you leave with all of your stuff." I ask in a soft voice; I was angry before but when I saw he was upset I felt like I couldn't be mad.
"Um my uh...." he begins, his eyes filling up. I put my hand on his bicep and squeeze it gently.
"Tyler you can tell me sweetie." His jaw is shaking as he tries to speak.
"My uh mum died last night." I get a chill go down my spine and feel tears well up in my eyes.
"No, she seemed so healthy though. What happened?" I ask with a shaky voice.
"Her heart just stopped." We sit in the studio crying for half an hour then decide to go home.
Tyler sits motionless on the couch. It is as if part of him died with his mum and he will never be the same again.

____________________________
Longer chapter, not going to lie cried writing this chapter.
Hope you're enjoying the story
-Jess