Chapter Three

Chapter Three

(Letter Three,

Two Weeks Later)

Louis leaned back in his classroom chair, rubbing his tired face for the third time this morning. He currently had a movie buzzing for his younger class.

Toy Story.

He let out a defeated sigh, resting his hands on his slightly bulged, two-and-a-half (almost three) month belly. His hair was a tattered mess and he was pretty sure he hadn't eaten or drunk anything for almost four days. Well, really he'd had maybe one sip of water within the hour, but that was just about it.

Niall was going to be picking him up in an hour to take him out to buy some more food, among other things, but until then he had to put up with his pounding headache and lack of sleep. He knew that he wasn’t going to get a proper rest until Liam came back, and by that point he’d probably have a baby pushing down on his bladder 24/7 or something rather.

He was resting his head on his desk as he tried to keep his eyes open, and he was constantly moving his feet to stop them from cramping up like they had been. 

His stomach had been rumbling for the past hour and his back was still sore from sleeping on the couch.

He must have fallen asleep somewhat, because the hour seemed to zoom past and most of the children had already left; which caused him to panic and topple out of his chair, getting up on his feet and stepping into the hallway.

"No running in the hallway Louis," Niall called through the messy hall, spotting the worry and panic on Louis' face once he got closer, so he took that moment to give the lad a cuddle. He pulled him close, holding his waist as he snaked his hands through his messy tangled hair.

"What's wrong?" Niall asked, feeling Louis' grip tighten and the wetness on the front of his shirt.

"I want him to come home...he hasn't written anything in three weeks and I'm scared. I'm scared Niall, I want my husband back, I want my old life back. I can't do this. I can't. Not without him" Louis cried clinging onto Niall tightly, almost like he would fall over if he let go.

"Lou, you can do this, you can because you're tough. 

He's out there fighting wherever they are, because he wants to give you everything you ask for in life. A nice house. A nice car. Money," Niall said softly, 

"He loves you, you know he loves you and he will write as soon as he can, I promise" Niall assured, stumbling into Louis' classroom to retrieve his bag before locking the classroom door and making his way down to the car park with Louis still clinging onto him.

Sadly, Louis didn't get to go shopping. He crashed on the way home in the passenger seat, and Niall had never seen somebody wrap into themselves that much in all his life. In the end he wound the seat down and chucked his blanket over Louis' body, making sure Louis was comfortable before getting out of the car, locking the doors and rushing up into the store to buy the supplies Louis had asked for earlier that week.

Fortunately, Louis was still asleep when he got back to the car; his back still facing towards Niall and the blanket up over his shoulders. He placed the bags quietly in the backseat and started the ignition before pulling out of the park and heading back to Louis' flat.

He managed to carry Louis inside and get him into his bed, removing his jumper and shoes before tucking the blanket over Louis' body and leaving the door open ajar so he could check on him during the day.

Later on Zayn came around with freshly made soup, and was surprised when he found Louis dry retching in the bathroom, trying not to wail.

At first they all thought it was the morning sickness coming a little bit later in the afternoon, but through the rest of the day it continued to happen - he was unable to even keep a dry biscuit down before it was coming back up. His lips had dried up and he had gone pale quite quickly.