Chapter Sixteen

(Five Days After Jace Is Born)

'Louis,

The day I get home, the first hour I spend with you, will be something I'm not going to ever forget, I'm going to pick you up and spin you around, I'm going to hold you tight against my chest and play with your soft hair, I'll sway our body's together and let you cry into my chest for as long as you need. Then I'll kiss you. Just know I am never going to let you go.

I know you may hate me, may never won't to hear from me again, but every night when I lay my head to rest against my pillow, I know I'm another day closer to finally being reunited with you, another day closer until I see your precious face, blue eyes, bright smile and petite body. I miss you Lou.

You will probably receive this letter after Jace is born, but I thought I'd just let you know. I'm not coming home as earlier as I thought I was, I'm in Vietnam, give our boy a cuddle for me.

Liam xxx'

Louis closed his eyes and placed the letter against his chest along with at least half a dozen unopened 'Congratulations' letters, he shakily ran his fingers over his watery eyes and puffed out his cold cheeks. He turned his head slightly down towards the five day old newborn who was sleeping soundly in Louis' protective grip, his little hands balled up in fists and gripping onto Louis' pinky finger.

"Pa said I had to give you a cuddle from him Jacey boy." Louis grinned, running his hand gently over his son's petite head. A smile of pure affection and love spread across his face. He was in love in a whole different way, he lived differently now, practically was somebody else' role model and had to change the way he acted to ensure the little person he was teaching away in life learnt everything the right way.

He brought Jace further up his chest so he was snuggling the newborn closer, the soft white blanket brushing against his collarbone as he leant down to press a tender kiss to Jace's forehead. He glanced across at the young male in the bed across from him, his own daughter being lightly passed over to him. Louis had gotten to know all of the females and males within this room throughout the five days he'd been stuck here. He knew Ashley was twenty five and having complications after falling down a flight of stairs. Dylan was sexually assaulted at fifteen but decided to give up his teenage years and take on the role of becoming a father. Becka is twenty seven and recently gave birth to a set of twins but both were under size and her doctor was slightly concerned. Louis got along with all of them quite well, so he found no issue with having to be cramped up in a room with them for so long.

The three lads had been visiting most days, Perrie had come down to see Jace and it only made her want one even more than before. Niall had a slight obsession with holding him, and Louis always tended to get slightly afraid when the blond went wandering around the large room with his son cradled in his arms despite how protected he was. Harry was definitely more quieter then usual when it came to Jace and Zayn was always to afraid to hold him in fear of hurting him and sometimes Louis couldn't help but imagine what it would be like if Liam was here to be the protective father type. Making sure Niall didn't wander to far or Louis didn't pull his stitches to much, but instead he left Louis to do it all on his own.

Today Louis was sitting up in bed with his legs crossed, wearing a pair of teal blue chinos folded at the ankles with white vans and a navy blue shirt with white printing, it happened to be what the other three packed in their haste to get Louis to hospital and he wasn't to sure if the shirt was even his own.

He shuffled back so he was resting against the pearly white pillows behind his head, Jace still cradled close with his small name tag strapped around his left wrist. He had a perfect mixture of the two's features. Louis' facial shape, ears and eyes. He had Liam's lips and nose. In Louis' eyes he was perfect, calm and collected, soft and relaxing, that how his son made him feel, even though he wasn't always going to be this small, Louis was in love at a whole new level.