Chapter Two

(Letter Two, 
One Week Later)

Louis let out a sigh of disappointment as the power cut off and he was left laying in the dark, laying on his back with his growing bump in the air; his fingers soft and tender as they ran around the stretching skin. Sadly for Louis the generator only had enough power to run the fridge.

He stumbled to his feet and found his hefty, oversized torch before slipping downstairs. It was six thirty in the evening and he was already extremely tired and all cried out from the ultrasound he'd had early that day with Zayn- who even cried himself. He was just praying that Liam was okay out in the muddy, flooded area where he was stationed. 

He sat down on the couch and unplugged the generator from the fridge, plugging his wireless internet and laptop in. Once it was booted up he checked the flood reports.

-MANCHESTER, DONCASTER, SOUTH-EAST LONDON: ALL REPORTED TO BE CURRENTLY STRUGGLING TO KEEP HOMES SAFE AND POWER ONLINET AS THE CURRENT FLOOD WATER RUSHES AROUND THE AREAS. 
FIFTEEN PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY BEEN ALLEGEDLY REPORTED MISSING SINCE THE FLOW BEGAN GAINING MOMENTUM. OVER ONE HUNDRED HOMES HAVE BEEN EVACUATED AND THE OWNERS HAVE BEEN SHIFTED TO HIGHER GROUND.
LUCKILY FOR WOLVERHAMPTON THE ONLY CURRENT DAMAGE IS MINIMAL. A FEW STREETS HAVE LOST POWER BUT THE FLOOD WATER HAS SUBSIDED AND FAMILIES ARE WELCOME TO START THE CLEAN UP. WE HAVE HAD REPORTS FROM DOCTORS, MEDICS AND OTHER EMERGENCY DEPARTMENTS THAT ANYBODY WHO IS: ILL, SICK, PREGNANT, DISABLED, ELDERLY OR YOUNGER THEN ELEVEN YEARS OF AGE ARE ASKED TO STAY ON SAFER GROUND UNTIL A FAMILY MEMBER OR MEDIC HAS ASSURED YOUR AREA IS SAFE. 
REPORT WRITTEN AND INSPECTED BY LONDON WEATHER WATCHERS
NEXT UPDATE: 2 HOURS 35 MINUTES.

Louis ran a hand through his hair; he was grateful that Wolverhampton wasn't as bad as the other suburbs and that he was safe to see Niall and Zayn, who had been checking up on him daily- every few hours or so to make sure he wasn't trying to move the tree that had fallen down in his back yard or something. He was also grateful that most clinics, shops, petrol stations were all still open and welcoming people. It could have been much worse, really but he was still okay for the moment.

Once he’d been assured by the weather report he checked his Facebook; which he quickly regretted doing because his profile picture was of him and Liam being utter idiots and his cover was the two at their wedding. It made his stomach churn and the urge to vomit wash over him. He missed Liam so much. He’d lost so much sleep to fretting. He was scared Liam was going to die and never meet his child. He was scared Liam would return but not come back home. So many thoughts flooded Louis' mind and it was making him overly emotional again.

Louis had fallen into the habit of talking to his tiny, unborn baby, otherwise known as 'Baby Tommo' by Niall and Zayn. The reason why he has these strange chats is because he gets lonely at times during the day, like when he is trying to sleep and he doesn't have his partner to cuddle up to, or to wake up to tell them when he doesn't feel so well. So his second option is to tell his baby to 'settle down' or 'stop being cheeky and playing games with daddy's insides' but most of the time it’s just a normal chat about work or things, or how he can feel he's getting gas, but he doesn't show any emotion of caring, it's his body, his baby, his boring lonely life. He can do whatever he pleases.

He logged into his gmail and replied to a few emails from family asking if he was surviving in the current flood waters, before he read up about a few pregnancy-related things and then finally shut his computer off; hooking the generator back up to the fridge before he made his way back upstairs, the torch pointing directly at the staircase so he didn't stumble.

He slipped into his massive bedroom and plopped back under the covers, relieved he was able to keep his dinner down - as well as his four cups of tea and eight of the sugarless lollies  that Zayn had been sneaking into his cupboard to give him a bit more of a healthy diet instead of just sugar,sugar,sugar.