War Front Letters (Lilo Mpreg AU)

Louis ran his fingers gently through his hair. This. Was. It. 
The day Liam left to travel halfway across the world to fight for his country; not that Louis really wanted him to go.
Who would?

"You're really going to leave aren't you? You’re not going to rethink this?" Louis asked, lips quivering as he watched Liam dress in his attire, his bag next to the front door of the small flat and with most of his other things all packed away in small boxes or bags; it was like Liam was leaving and never returning.

'I'll be back before you know it Lou," Liam replied giving Louis one of his reassuring smiles. This was killing him.

"You know that's a lie, and I don't take lies Liam" Louis sighed, rubbing his temples. He had cried most of the weekend and he wasn't looking forward to the day’s events.

“Lou we’ve been over this,” Liam sighed, resting his hands lightly on Louis’ waist to shuffle past him without knocking him over. “I’m going. I have to go. You know that babe.”

"Plus I don't think stressing is the best idea" Liam added, slipping down the hallway to retrieve his protein shake and energy bar off the table.

Louis ran his fingers along the grey walls. His hair was hanging messily in every direction, and his skin was red and puffy; his clothes tucked up and oversized. He was breathing through his nose and closed his eyes for a few extra seconds. 
Eventually he made it into the kitchen stuffing his hands into his hoodie pockets.

"Lou, I'm not dying and you're over stressing. I'll be back in a few months, I'm only filling in until they find a more stable solution." Liam smiled, pulling the smaller lad close as he finished his energy bar and placed the wrapper in the bin.

“Promise that you’ll write whenever you can.” Louis ordered glancing up at the younger male, who's fingers were shifting through Louis' slightly greasy hair.

"I Promise" he assured; now shuffling into the living room to pick up the car keys and his phone - not that he was going to be needing it until he was deported back home.

"We're going to the deport aren't we?" Louis asked, his lip quivering again, tears threatening to spill over.

"I'm afraid so love. I'll have lots of money when I return and we’ll be able to buy a bigger house; a car. You could even quit teaching if you'd like" Liam smiled, stepping out into the strong breeze.
It was so windy Louis thought he might just topple over.

~~~~

Louis was clinging onto Liam's uniform tightly, the windy air still blowing, as most of the deports began to trundle onto the bus; pressing themselves against the windows to see their families one final time before they were sent across the ocean.

"I'll write whenever I get the chance, and you make sure you keep on doing your job, nothing is changing love. Just that I'll be gone for a while, but I will come back. I promise" Liam muttered softly, running his fingers lightly over Louis growing belly, his body pressed hard up against Louis'.

"Stop crying babe' Liam pleaded, running his fingers through Louis' hair gently and leaned down to press their lips together.

"I have to go now love...I'll write as soon as we get there...promise"

With one last smile and the bus was travelling halfway across the world.
 Away from Louis; away from his normal life.

Everything was changing.

____________

((excellent)) terrible start. A bit of a rush.

new book!

2 comments!

KahliaPayne

~EDITED~