Chapter Seventeen

(One week since Jace has been home)

Louis wasn't okay, he thought everything would plan out and be alright, but it didn't turn out to be that way. He thought Jace would help him overcome his fear of losing his husband but again he was wrong. He hoped there was a brighter side to all his misery. He didn't hate what he had now, no but he wished he wasn't forced to do it on his own.

Right now he was a sobbing mess, his fringe pressed stickily against his forehead as he cradled Jace close to his racking chest, sniffles were leaving his soft chapped lips as he struggled to produce a gentle hum. His soft fingers discarding through Jace's tiny tufts of hair as he studied his son's precious face.

Jace was ill, with a high fever and the tummy grizzles and Louis had no idea how his little boy had gotten in such a state, he'd woken up that morning to Jace's soft pitiful cries of anger, and his monkey pajamas jumpsuit hot with sweat. He did what his motherly instincts told him to do and stripped him clean from the boiling clothes, instantly dabbing his tiny fragile forehead with a room temperature soaked face wash, which only made the small sick boy to sadly cry out.

When Jace's body heat went from boiling to shivering he made a distraught phone call to Dr Amber. He frantically pressed the numbers he vaguely remembered being linked to his doctor and just hoped it was correct. He pressed it against his ear and slowly paced Jace's nursery. His weak son trying the best he could to curl his tiny hand around Louis' pinky finger.

Dr Amber answered the phone after the fifth ring, her clicking high heels echoing through the phone piece, she stopped for a moment and turned her attention towards the caller.

"Dr Amber speaking" she said fairly quickly and you could tell she to was rushing this morning, the clicking of her shoes started again and it took Louis a moment to steady himself enough to speak back, his eyes glued on Jace's tiny petite face.

"It's Louis. Hi, well I think I need to being Jace into the hospital." Louis muttered his eyes closing for a extra few seconds, he was exhausted just as much as Jace was and he really didn't want to be doing this all on his own, usually there is another person to phone the doctor, find the thermometer or take the sick infant for a moment, but right now Louis was alone and to tired to really care.

"What's wrong?" She asked her frantic clicking coming to a haul and Louis couldn't tell if it was because of what he said or if she'd reached her destination.

"I woke up to him sweating, feverish, a runny nose and possibly a tummy ache" Louis replied, he sat down in the small leather chair based in Jace's room and rested the small baby against his knees, a loose blanket lightly wrapped around his tiny shoulders in attempt to keep him slightly warm.

"Alright well as you probably know, Jace has a tummy bug, don't stress to much as it's common for a infant of that age to get slightly sick, the best thing you can do at the moment is place him in cotton, it's warm but cool as well, don't rug him up to much, nothing more than one blanket. Cuddle him, not all the time but enough that he's stationed in a comfortable position as some babies when sick get quite distraught when they are away from their parents. Some babies are warm sleepers so again if he's a warm sleeper stick with cotton instead of something you'd rather rug him up in. But lastly this is one of the most important steps, you need to get him to feed, weather it's from a bottle or you, whichever it doesn't matter but just make sure it's not a formula, he needs the vitamins and nutrition from breast milk, now most babies refuse to feed because they have a upset tummy and whatnot so it may be a slow process, go easy and slow, stay relaxed and calm he'll feed eventually, everybody does. I know you're a good father Louis so he'll be bright and happy in a few days, just don't beat yourself up about it, wrapping them in bubble wrap isn't going to help them, it's how they get more allergies, they need to be able to smell pollen and eat dirt, everybody gets sick, all it is, is a belly ache it's common, alright. Take care of yourself" she spoke before hanging up, the phone line beeping a few times before Louis hung up and placed his phone down, if only he had Liam to help him out.