I'll Be Loving You (Forever) - NKOTB

~A~

Luke checked the security feeds, accessing Sang's room to check on her. She'd had a headache earlier and had gone to lay down for a while. He chuckled softly, watching as she slept, curled up protectively around her blossoming baby belly.

10 years.

It was so hard to wrap his head around the fact that they'd been together for 10 years. And all of them were still all together. He wasn't sure that he'd ever envisioned them all still being together as a team this long. Did he want them to be? Yes.

Growing up, his family was Kota, Victor, Nathan and Gabriel. He knew he didn't have things as badly as they did. He asked Uncle all the time why he didn't have a mommy like Kota, Victor and Nathan. He was the one who comforted Gabriel when his mommy had died with his baby brother and again when his dad died. But that just ended up leaving Gabriel with Pam. Nathan eventually didn't have a mom around and Luke understood it a bit more.

It didn't matter if you had a mom or not, if your dad liked you enough to stick around or if he took his frustrations out on you. And if you had parents like Victor's well, sure, they were still around but who wants parents who only want you for the money you can make them...?

Luke knew he was just fine with Uncle.

He stopped asking about his mom and why he didn't have one and just stuck, happily with Uncle. Sure, Uncle was a little distracted by his restaurant ventures but it meant that Luke actually had access to all the desserts that he might want. It was Kota's mom who stepped in and began to watch him after school more for Uncle and made sure that he was fed decently and not just eating sugar all the time.

He'd been shocked to find out about North when Uncle told him. It took him a while to understand what that meant but eventually had warmed enthusiastically to the idea of being a big brother.

Even if they were only 6 months apart in age.

He knew he'd taken a long time to accept the idea of the Ashley Waters assignment and the diner ideas. But then he met Sang.

Then they all met Sang.

And their lives were never the same again. Sometimes he wondered why they'd ever thought they'd have a life without her.

And the part that worried him the most was that she'd leave and break his heart the way that everyone else who was supposed to love him did. He absolutely would have fallen apart if she'd ever left or chosen just one of them to be with.

So here they were. 10 years later. He traced his finger over the curves of her body.

They were still a family. They all lived together and North still complained that he ate too much chocolate. But they had Sang.

And they were having a baby.

Yeah

I'm not that kind of guy who can take a broken heart

So don't ever leave, I don't want to see us part

The very thought of losing you means

That everything would go down under

Luke turned off his phone and headed downstairs to go to her room and check on her. He silently patted himself on the back for making it silently into her room and not waking her up. His eyes swept her body for a moment as she shifted and a soft moan slipped from her lips.