Songs for Sang: A miniseries in 11 parts ~Part 9~

Sang found herself wandering through the halls at registration. She wasn't quite sure why they didn't have things marked better. She'd blushed when she looked up every so often to see the guys she'd met over the past week watching her. "I thought it was girls who travelled in packs." She mumbled to herself, finding it strangely amusing that they were in groups of two or three.

At the risk of being labelled a nerd by her sister, she'd decided on wearing a skirt to registration. It's not like she had that many options in the first place. She glanced down, smoothing the blouse down as she tried to make heads or tails of the hallway she was currently walking. She glanced back down at her packet of papers but before she could focus her eyes on the name of the administrator she was supposed to meet with, she bounced backwards after accidentally bumping into someone. "I'm so sorry."

He glared down at her, eyes squinting. "No need to push."

It was an accident. Sang certainly had absolutely no intention of ever pushing anyone. "I... I'm sorry, the hallway is crowded and someone bumped into..."

"What's your name?" he demanded.

"Sang... Sang Sorenson."

He muttered something under his breath that sounded like 'hippies' before his eyes narrowed at her. He held his hand out for her paper and she reluctantly passed it over. "Your skirt is too short. You're going to have to go home and change before you can finish registration."

"How... why...?" She blinked at him in confusion. "Why would I have to go home when I have one more thing left?" He seemed to be getting angrier. "I don't drive, my dad can't take me home and back here again. That's not how life works. I didn't know any of this... I'm new."

"Mr. McCoy..."

His name broke off whatever he was about to say and he gave her a dark look before turning his attention to the man who joined them. "Dr. Green..."

"I was looking for you, am I interrupting?" He said, "Oh, what's this?" he took her paper away.

"Her skirt is too short. She has to go home and change."

"Oh, come on now. She's dressed better than anyone else here." He turned towards her and blinked before a song burst from his lips. "Come, come, come, come, come along now. Run away from the hum-drum. We'll go to a place that is safe from, greed, anger and boredom."

Her lips twitched in amusement as his face flooded with color. "Where too?" she asked.

The displeasure was clear on Mr. McCoy's face. They both desperately needed to flee the... greed, anger and boredom as soon as possible. "We'll take care of it, Mr. McCoy." He said, one hand on Sang's upper arm as he directed her around the vice principal and escorted her quickly through the lines towards an office at the back of the administration suite. He paused at the door, glancing down at her. "Miss Sang, was it?" He asked as swift fingers made short work of buttoning her blouse up to the collar.

"Yes. And you're apparently the Doc of the happy bound of dwarves that I've found breaking out in song at every first meeting."

His face colored again. "Yeah, about that...." He ran a hand over the back of his head. "You know, you're right. Although, it appears you've already met the seven of them." He smiled.

Sang rolled her eyes. "It's been a grand adventure." She crossed her arms. "Is it too much to hope that we'll all finally be out of our misery and embarrassment if I go into this office with you?"

He bit his lip. "Oh, well... he certainly won't be happy that I'm springing you on him but yes, you would be finally out of the misery and embarrassment by coming into the office."

She blew out a breath. "It can't be as bad as meeting North, right? He was grumpy..."

Dr. Green shrugged. "Ah, well... sure. No, he's not as grumpy as North."

"Well great." Sang smiled.

"You're very different." He said, tilting his head to study her. "But let's get your registration finished up so that we have a bit of time to talk before you have to leave."

'I think that's an excellent idea. I think the guys are all wanting to talk to me for a bit and I know my dad is just chomping at the bit to ditch this place and get my sister and I home again." Sang said.

"Ah, a sister..." He nodded. "Older or younger?"

"Older."

"I see." He nodded again before rapping twice on the office door before he opened it and ushered her inside.