1

"UP UP UP!!" I shout while I bang two frying pans together beside my dads massive king size bed. He rolls over and attempts to swat me away like I was some kind of fly or a snooze button.

"No dad, not today you have a meeting after 12 ,your paperwork is by your orange juice, fresh no pulp and your suit is hanging up by the shower after you have one!!" I count my instructions on my fingers to make sure I hadn't forgotten something.

Dad pats down on the silky red sheets for me to sit and then rubs his weary eyes, it was clear he had been up all night at a laptop screen from the squinting wrinkles by his eyes, and the fact the document was still open at the end of the bed. "You don't need to do the whole caring after your old man routine with me today, it's your first day at Degrassi you should be thinking about yourself, getting ready."

I laugh and put my hand on his stubbly unshaven cheek "but I AM ready, I know the bus doesn't come for another 35 minutes. I think I might walk. Let me have time to 'think about myself' " I quote him.

"You wouldn't have taken the bus anyway, you have your mums car in the garage..." he pauses after mentioning my mum but it doesn't falter him for much more than a second before he continues "or the 4 other cars we have, we are the Pomegrays are we not? The richest family in the neighbourhood because this old dog is a successful man of the trade!" he then clicks and points at me. I sigh at his attempt to be funny.

"Okay, I'm gonna go before you  call yourself anything else like old dog." I stand up grabbing my expensive bag that went perfectly with my outfit. This new school was supposed to be a new step in my life so I wanted to face it like a women and wear a designer blue blazer and pencil skirt and bag. I think my whole outfit costed more than car number 3 in our garage. I would have a brisk walk to school and my first day would go perfectly ! I also picked up my cheerleading kit, I wanted to try out as I know a thing or two about tumbling, I had that kit in a separate black sports bag, it was an old one of but it the only bag small enough to go in a locker.

As I skip down our twirling staircase my dad shouts "Love you sweetheart go get 'em"

"Love you too Dad! Oh! And don't forget to have a shave!" The big silver knocker on our door rattled as I slammed it from excitement!!

I'm normally a very organised person as you could've probably have told, however one very important factor of my morning I had missed: directions to my school. I hadn't realised that I had no clue where school was! I quickly typed the name into my Iphone and decided to follow those directions to the T! I was not prepared to get lost or late on my first day!