32

Miles's POV:

It was 7:15 why wasn't she here? I was fiddling with the collar of my shirt.

Mum had gone out with her girlfriends as a way to gossip and drink over her breaking up with dad and Frankie had gone out with Winston. He had made such an effort got her flowers and everything. I checked my hair in my phone. I hadn't got any flowers.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I let out a breath of air and rushed to it. Olivia was standing behind the door. She was wearing a casual long sleeve jumper.  Her hair was straightened and she had red lips. She looked seriously beautiful.

"Wow." I spoke. I looked her up and down many times.
"Can I come in?" She half smiled.

Olivia's POV:

We went to the kitchen.
"So you actually came." He sighed in relief.
"You did ask me to." I nodded leaning against the worktop.
"Do you want a drink?" He asked nervously.
"No." I sighed ,it was quiet for a moment.

"Why is this so awkward?" He asked leaning against the surface too.
"Because I saw you with Esme."

He sighed. "Olivia,"

"No Miles. You blew me off again and made Winston pick up the pieces. If this is what you do then tell me. Because I don't think I can be let down again. People have said stuff about what your like , I..." I suddenly found an inner anger.

"You've been talking to people about me!?" He asked. The conversation was heating up.

"This mysterious past of yours, it's not fair everyone knows about you and I don't. You asked me on a date! And then you get cosy with Esme again, what am I supposed to think!?" I reply.

"She tried to kill herself because of me!" He replied exasperated. "At least I thought she did, I wasn't there for you when you needed me so I thought I could at least be there for Esme. I couldn't let another person be in pain thanks to me. Surely you get that? But it was all just another manipulation with her, she faked it. I let you down again and Im so sorry. I made a mistake." He looked me in the eye.

"It's not you're fault for caring. I get that much." I replied.

We both walk into his lounge and sat on the sofa. He lifted my legs across his knees, I thought about pulling away but he continued.
"I really didn't want to hurt you. You were one of the only people helping me throughout everything. You are one of the only people that treats me like I'm not a screw up."

"Well I couldn't hate you could I? I've been through too much, we've been through too much

"Well I couldn't hate you could I? I've been through too much, we've been through too much." I admitted.

"The thing about my past relationships. I always lashed out when I thought they didn't understand me. But you're  good for me because thanks to my stupid dad, you get it ." He grabbed my hand.