14

At home MIKE seemed to show up more and more and sleep round most nights drunk with my father. Didn't this guy seriously have a family to go home to?

The next day, Sunday, I was picking up the newspaper from that morning and a article caught my eye "The Ex Mayor Back in town."

I read through it skimming every line, my eyes stopped at a picture. IT WAS OF MIKE. A caption under it read  MILES Hollingsworth II, the previous mayor of Toronto. I came to a realisation that this was Frankie, Hunter's and Miles' dad. The person that kills the mood at dinner. The person that made Frankie loose the ability to trust easy. And he wasn't even called Mike. I felt a tight squeeze in my stomach.

Without thinking I grabbed jacket and half walked half jogged to the Hollingsworth house.

10 minutes and I was there. I knocked on the door hard.

A couple moments and a shirtless Miles opened it. "Is this a good time?" I ask.
He looked confused for a moment before letting me in. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the kitchen.

 I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the kitchen

"I knew you were one for rough play." He smirked.
"Where's Frankie?" I asked breathing heavily. The autumn air was cold.

"She's gone shopping with our mum, she actually still made me drive her, can you believe it? Stupid game. Was she supposed to meet you?" He asked looking for a glass to get me a drink. He poured me one with a happy smirk on his face. I wish he wouldn't be so happy right now.

 I wish he wouldn't be so happy right now

"No I just.." I started but he cut me off.  "Just couldnt resist seeing me and wanted to catch me alone?" He laughed and went out to the pool.

I followed him out in silence.
"What's up with you Pomergray?"

"..I don't know how to tell you this Miles..but your dads back...he's being staying at our house." I whispered .

At that moment Miles' smirk left his face and he dropped the glass off water. The liquid went all over the floor with a crash as well as little bits of shattered glass.