21

Miles's POV:

At eight Esme arrived outside my Dad's house. I was already waiting under a street light.

I pushed the key in the lock and the light blue door swung open "Ladies first." I tried to sound confident like her, but really, I had not really thought this through until now.

"Maybe we shouldn't be doing this, what if we get caught?" I panicked checking the other room to see if there was anyone in

"Maybe we shouldn't be doing this, what if we get caught?" I panicked checking the other room to see if there was anyone in. There wasn't.
"It's slightly to late for that now." She said firmly and headed to the large floor to ceiling window in the sitting room where the city lights were sparkling below. For a man with such a great view why did he need to be a the Pomegrays house all the time. My hands clenched in annoyance.

"Why are you even helping me?" I 
asked in a demanding yet worried tone.

"Why are you even helping me?" I  asked in a demanding yet worried tone

"I'm new here, I need friends. And I know what it's like to have someone in your life you'd rather not." She replied in a dreary voice. I felt flattered she would do all this to be my friend.

I looked around. There was a white seat by the window and lots of house plants by the side of it. They looked like they were dying from abandonment. Caring for things wasn't my fathers strong suit.

Everything else seemed pretty bare. In the hallway there was a small polished chest of drawers. Esme dragged herself from the window and made her way over to it.

She ran her hands over the smooth dark wood

She ran her hands over the smooth dark wood. I really wished she's stop touching everything, fingerprints were evidence.

She seemed to be unfazed considering she was in a random boys dads apartment that he got in to with stolen key. I was starting to get the impression there was more to her than the goody two shoes loner everyone classed her as.

"Even if we find the computer how will we get in?" I replied, her plan was to get into his computer and look through it. I was doubtful we could get in, I had tried it once or twice last year but he never told me the password.

She looked through a couple of drawers and then said "Found it." Oh....okay?

"I've tried all the usual passwords, family pet..." I started

"What's your middle name?" she cut me off firmly.

I was distracted by her fierceness before saying "oh David..I really doubt.." Cut off again, I found that she had got it. This was just too easy for her. Esme had yet to let me down by her criminal knowledge.

She let me at the laptop and I immediately went to his E-mails. I saw a bunch were to Mr. Pomegray or "James".

I saw one to the Andrea. "I found one to the lady he was having an affair with." I said as I skimmed through it. It said something about moving back into the area and trying to change for the better.

Did this mean he was serious about changing?

I was so confused that I didn't realise someone was putting a key in the lock until Esme slammed down the computer, put it back in the drawer and pulled me by the shirt into the wardrobe.

My heartbeat was going so fast I thought I might faint. Surrounded by my dads clothes I felt like I couldn't breathe. I looked through the gaps in one of the shutter doors. It was a lady in blue carrying cleaning supplies.

"We're going to get caught by the cleaning lady." I whispered my voice trembling and my mind racing and I was hyperventilating. I was a head taller then Esme and I could tell because in the cramped wardrobe, she was pushed right up against me.

"Would you quit breathing so loudly. God you are so bad at crimes!" She whispered in a sharp tone and rolled her eyes.

At the word crimes I felt my pulse get even faster. "Mums going to blame me for this like she does with everything else-"
Esme put her small cold hand over my mouth to shut me up but I shook my head to get her off. Her eyes were narrowing.

"My dad will probably move back in by the end of the week--"I  couldn't even finishing panicking before she slightly jumped up at me, grabbed my neck and pushed her lips against mine

I couldn't even finishing panicking before she slightly jumped up at me, grabbed my neck and pushed her lips against mine . My eyes bulged and she pulled away .

"Esme what are you doing?!" I said in a low confused voice. I shook my head again, a wardrobe of all places. She fluttered her eyelashes open, she wasn't the worst on the eye, I suppose.
"Like I said," she paused breathing fast. "I need friends."

I don't know whether it was the adrenaline of the moment

I don't know whether it was the adrenaline of the moment. Or to distract me from the fact that the blue shutter doors were the only thing from ruining my family situation further. But the classic Miles gave up inside of me and I returned the kiss.

The worry and rush that was crackling inside of me raced to my lips and from inside the wardrobe the kiss began to get very heated.

Olivia's POV:

I couldn't sleep that night, I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I could just sense something wasn't right. Something else that is, everything felt wrong at the moment.