38

Mum, Frankie and I sat down at the table. You could only hear the clanking of cutlery on plates that broke the silence.

"This is very nice. Thank you mum." Frankie tried to lighten the mood. Mum gave her a weak smile.
"How's Hunter?" I had to ask.

"He's barricaded his door, you can't get in and he won't come out

"He's barricaded his door, you can't get in and he won't come out." Mum whispered. "I just don't know what to do with him." She shook her head while Frankie reached for her hand.
"I'll talk to him. See if I can give him his dinner. I've finished anyway." I nodded standing up and putting another serving on my plate. I carried it upstairs.

I knocked softly on Hunters door. I saw from the crack below his door showing none of his lights were on apart from the dark blue glow from his lamp.
His room was silent.
"Hunter." I knocked again.

I heard a faint grumble of "piss off."
"I got lasagna. Hot, crispy, cheesy, lasagna." I coaxed.
"What part of piss off don't you understand?" He growled like an animal inside his cage.
"The part where I leave without you getting this dinner. Cos that's not happening." I reply.
He falls silent again.

I sighed. "Brother I'm sorry about Olivia.." He cuts me off with a sound that could almost be a growl.
"There's other girls out there. You just need to get out of this room and find some. I could hook you up?" I suggest. More silence.

"Olivia is just not the one for you. We like each other, I'm sorry it's not like we can control who we fall for. You are hurting just come out." I begged slightly.

"Leave Me Alone!" I could hear how heavily he was breathing from the other side of the door.
"What if I don't? Are you going to come out and punch me?" Teasing was my last resort.

In reply, I heard Hunter take a sharp intake of breath before there was a large crash! It sounded like his mirror.
"Umm...Hunter are you okay in there?" I whispered worried.

"Don't mess with me brother." He hissed back.

"I'm sorry. Just, calm down. I'll leave the food outside. I'm leaving, okay?." I stuttered backing away from the door.

Frankie ran up the stairs. "What just happened?" She whispered. I shook my heard before guiding her back down the stairs by her shoulders.

Olivia's POV:

School was buzzing with excited students. Everyone was talking about the snowball. Myself included. I was allowing myself to get excited for it even if Miles wasn't coming. It should be fun with the girls.

Frankie phone pinged as we surround my locker the next day.
"Winston wants to know the colour of my dress so he can get me a corsage." she smiled to Lola.
"What is your dress like? I still haven't seen it yet." I ask her. Shay was following behind.