22

Olivia's POV:

I decided today I had to try talk to Miles again. It was killing me that I had cut him off. He really was sorry and at the moment I really needed him, I felt lonely, self conscious and tired.

Mike had not been back at the house since it happened. I guess his plan was going well, I actually KNEW his plan was going well because Frankie did not fail to give us an update on the way to lesson. I heard from my dad he was having another dinner at theirs tonight but he had bought his own suit this time.

Conversation had run dry with my dad. He didn't ask about school anymore and he had even bought his own alarm clock which had seem to be working out for mornings.

He told me that Mike had recommended a maid to do the cleaning but I said we didn't need it and I would do it all. Dad had agreed because his head had been in a pile of papers. He had been so busy as he had fallen behind massively on work. Mikes fault, always is.

I had on one of my dads old hoodies, from before his suit days. It was frayed and the writing on it had cracked. I didn't mind tho, it reminded me of when I was little when I used to play with the strings whilst he sat me on his knee. Or when I wore it and it came down to my knees like a dress. I liked those memories because they were without my mother but before she left when he was happy too.

My first day of middle school was the last time I wore it, when my hair was waist long and I didn't care what people thought of me.

"Hey!" Hunter called to me at lunch

"Hey." I replied smiling. "What happened to your finger?" I  held his hand up by his wrist and looked at his injury.
It was all strapped up.
"Nothing! I'm pretending it's broken so I can get out of sports. Seemed like a better idea than legging it." He laughed and I groaned a "don't remind me" groan.

Just then Frankie, Shay and Lola appeared but Hunter still hung around.
"Where the eff did you go at break? We looked all over, you were literally gone!" Lola asked.

"I went to apologise to coach for running out of PE. I felt really ill and I threw up in the toilet. It was awful I had to be rushed to the nurse immediately." Lies, lies, lies I thought. I was just going outside on my own.