16

I downed my first mugful. The whisky burned my throat but it was a good burn, powerful.

"So tell me about yourself rich girl

"So tell me about yourself rich girl." Miles laughed "I don't actually know much about you. I don't even know your middle name."

"Rose, and that's because there is nothing to me, I don't have a hobby or a weird fetish I'm pretty normal."
"Why do I find that hard to believe, Olivia Rose Pomegray? Especially the fetish part.Are you a virgin?" He laughs.

Are you a virgin?" He laughs

"Go away." I laugh throwing a pillow at him. I'm glad he didn't persist further than that.

"I used to do all kinds of things cheerleading, volleyball, netball. I signed up for everything. And now all my times for my dad." I reply looking over at my medals and trophies.

"Why do you care so much about him?" Miles shrugs filling up my cup again. His moods were switching between serious and joker constantly.
"Because after my mum cheated and ran off he was so depressed like, lock yourself in a room and mope depressed. I had to do something, it's a job put upon me."
I took another sip of the whisky, it was so strong, so good.
"Sucks." Miles replied.
"He doesn't need me really now, just to cook , clean, keep him on track." Miles gives me a sympathetic look.

"What about you, I know your not just a pretty face." I smile.
"You think I'm pretty?" He smirked. Joker.

"You want to know about me, I'm trouble

"You want to know about me, I'm trouble. I create drama wherever I go. Like a grenade." He recites like he's told himself it 1000 times and took three more chugs of the whisky. I look into to his eyes, they are red puffy and tired. He had definitely been crying. Serious.
"That's probably not true." I mumbled.
"It is. Ask Maya or Zoe. They all ran as soon as they got to know me and now Tris. I pushed him away. I'm a mess, things just get complicated."

Zoe? As in Zoe Rivas? I had a drink to that thought.

"Miles?" My body feeling warm from the 3 mugs of whisky I'd downed.
"Yes." He replied.
"What happened with your dad?" I ask. Miles drank from the bottle.
"There was the campaign to get reelected. It's all he cared about, it seemed to manipulate the whole family. He had an affair with the campaign manager, made Frankie tell the press false things." He drank again. "And he hurt me....physically." I grabbed his hand shocked. Miles was abused?
"Where?" I asked I took the bottle from him and took 3 more large swigs. He pulled me closer to him so our knees touched and put my hand up under his tee shirt on his bare chest. "Here." he moved it to his arm. I felt my eyes welling up, thinking of the pain that drunk psychopath put him through, I never thought Mr.H was capable of that.

"Here." He then moved my hand up to his warm cheek  I felt it with my cold hands. I felt charged and buzzing from the whisky dancing inside of me.I kept my hand on his face touching his strong jaw. "Im so sorry." I felt a tear fall off my cheek, I couldn't believe that man was sleeping in our house most nights. He wiped my eyes and smiled a drunk but genuine smile.

"What?" I ask. The bottle passed between my lips and his, his soft lips.
"You have pretty eyes." He laughed and leaned in closer

" He  laughed and leaned in closer

I looked down. Remembering what happened last time we were this close. "Olivia, can I kiss you?"
He asked, he actually asked.

I thought again about my dad shouting at me, about how he couldn't see Mike for what he really was

I thought again about my dad shouting at me, about how he couldn't see Mike for what he really was. I closed the gap between us and our lips collided. He tasted of whisky, the intoxicating whisky I could not get enough of. I knew what I was doing was wrong but it felt good. His was a skilled kisser, probably from lots of practise, but I couldn't think about anyone else right now, not in this perfect moment. His hands reached up to my hair and tangled his way through it.

"I want you Olivia." He slurred.

Miles was just a joker at school and he could be serious when he wanted but this was a different side too. Here and now, he was passionate, emotional and tipsy. I couldn't get enough of it. Just like the whisky he was so strong, so intoxicating, so good.