15

I came home from school and unlocked he door. I was almost knocked out but the stench of beer.

"Sweetheart!" My dad cheered half drunk, unshaven...and with company.  Seriously! It was like the middle of the afternoon.

I hadn't had a chance to talk to "Mike" since finding him out, but here he was on our sofa. Anger rose up inside me. I remembered everything Miles, Frankie and Hunter had said about him. He had ruined things with me and Miles now as well.

"YOU!" I cried. "Shouldn't you be somewhere else? Haven't you got anything better to do than be an influential drunk?! Maybe trying to fix things with your family?!"

"Olivia!" My dad gave me a glare.

"It's okay James. If you should know, girl, I am trying to make it work with my wife."

"You've hurt a lot of people

"You've hurt a lot of people. I want you should leave now." I instructed trying to sound confident. The ex mayor gave me a wild look before letting out a humorous breath and grabbing his keys and leaving.

I watched the door shut before looking back at dad.
"Don't you ever talk to an adult like that young lady!"He shouted
"He's pathetic Dad, why does he just get drunk all the time and stay with us?!?" I argue back.
"He's trying to be a good neighbour and friend, from all the work I do I deserve to get time off." He shouted at me like he's never shouted before.

"Dad I was to blind to see myself  being used, so I'm trying to warn you now about that...tramp!" I shout back.

"He is not a tramp, stop acting like a spoilt brat! Go to your room I'm going to the Trap door!." He declared .Me and dad had never argued like this. He normally understood when I brought up the past.

I get to my room, slam the door. I threw a couple of cushions off my bed in anger and then cried into my pillow. It was sort of pathetic but I couldn't help it. Miles and my dad in two days was sort of undoing me.

When I was all dried up of tears I realised I should go find him and sort it out. I went downstairs and cleaned up the living room. The empty bottles joined the rest of them in the recycling.

I picked up some cash and the keys for the convertible. I sort of knew my way to the trap door as it was near Lola's parent cafe.

I pulled up outside the club. There was loud music blasting from the door where a couple of people were smoking outside. I locked the car and walked towards it.

Suddenly, a very big man with glasses came my way.
"You're not getting in there darling, you're just a kid."
He was all in black and had shades on. I winced realising it was a bouncer.
"Oh...okay." I mumbled backing away.

I walked around the building to the side door. I had never been to a place like this before. I had to find my dad though.

I carefully walked towards the back door which had half ripped posters from previous gigs and graffiti all over it. At that moment, it swung open and two of the security were shoving this guy out.