26

I didn't go into school for the next 4 days. I couldn't. I physically couldn't. I wanted to though, I didn't feel safe I felt so scared he would comeback. He had the keys to our house. He could come and hurt me at any time.

After he left, my back ached so much that even walking to the toilet was a challenge. When I got to there I saw the cabinet above the sink. I opened it, right at the back was the container for the clonazepam, prescribed from 3 years ago. I could have taken some. It worked for Miles why shouldn't it work for me. I was so close that I got them out the yellow pot, my hands shaking. I had the last three tablets in my hand. I could have done it, taken them and let my mind wonder to the unknown. I put them up to my lips but before they could reach my throat I realised what I was doing. The white pills found them self in the bottom of the toilet and then flushed away. I burst into tears and splashed my face, was I really considering it?

I tried to do my usual tasks of cooking and cleaning after that, I really did. I thought if I could put on a bright smile and ignore the fear and the pain and just help my dad, everything could be okay. I tried reaching up in the cupboards to grab some ketchup that I needed with dinner that night when I felt a shooting pain in my back muscle and I wimped out loud.

"Are you okay honey?" My dad called out from the sitting room.
"Fine!" I lied back.

"How was school today?" He smiles as I handed him a plate of food.
I paused for a moment.
"I..uh..I'm actually am really tired, I'm gonna eat upstairs." I replied quickly and hobbled back into the kitchen.
"oh okay." I heard him reply sadly.

The lies continued as my dad found me in my bed later that night with a pile of tissues around making the excuse I had a cold. The tissues were from the stream of tears coming from my eyes.

He said I could stay home if I was sick as long as I didn't disturb his meetings. I agreed and felt slightly pleased he was taking his meetings seriously.

Other than me getting through 4 entire seasons on Netflix and being wrapped in a mountain of duvet that served as a protection from the outside world and comfort my self pity, nothing else happened. It was probably for the best but I had gotten no texts from Frankie, Miles or Hunter. That was until the Fifth day.

I had just woken up and was going through my hastigram feed when my phone started buzzing. Frankie's name and picture came up on my screen.

"Hey Olive." She said on the other end.
"Hey." I mumbled. "Listen are we okay? I understand if you hate me." I reply.

"What?! No, I thought you might hate me! I should never have made you feel bad like that, I know you wouldn't have missed Hunters game unless it was serious. But anyway just because you've may have upset both my brothers, doesn't mean I'm going to stop loving you." She replied, thanks for the reminder Franks.

"I really couldn't make it to the game. Tell Hunter I'm sorry again." I say seriously, if I had stayed there longer he could have seen me. I still got punished for going anyway, at least something good could have come of it.

"With you not being at school he figured you were too ill to come anyway so I think your okay with him besides his team are making it to the finals so he couldn't be upset for too long. Have you seen his funding video? Anyway, I haven't been able to ask Miles if he's okay, he hasn't comehome the last four nights." She replied sounding worried. I instantly sat up in bed, my back was better but I still winced from the sudden movement.

"What do you mean? Is he okay?" I reply anxiously.
"I was hoping he might have done a runner to your house again. Dad's been staying over, it's the next step in my parents relationship.  That's why I called." She explained, I check the time, she should be leaving for school soon.
"No....he told me that would never happen again.." I trail off.
"Have you asked Winston?" I asked.