24

Miles' POV:

Taking the pills I finally felt at calm and at peace. I felt stronger, better. Like I was capable of anything and not caught in the tornado that was my life. Even my grades were improving, coach said that I had regained myself after loosing my kit. And in Literature, sir said the essay I had written for my bunking punishment was excellent and if I handed him in another piece of good creative writing he would show it to the publishers of the high school writing feature in the Toronto Interpreter. It was kind of a big deal and it was due tonight.

I explained this to Frankie after she had finished going on about her friend Shay's issue in the bathroom after school today. She asked me what I was doing and mum overheard.
"Really my son, the author?" She smiled a proud smile at me.

"It's not for sure yet and besides I don't think I can get anything good done with Hunter's racket." We all looked over at Hunter who was cheering because this other schools gaming team lost.
"Hey, this is a big deal, my team is going to play offs, we get to battle in the school gym now and everything!"

"Ooh we should go watch!" My mum cried showing equal enthusiasm. "I could ask your father to come too." She then paused and they all look at me. "Is that okay with you Miles?"

I was about to kick off then I remembered my pills. My sweet, happy pills. Instead, I smiled and said "Totally fine."
My mum gave me a grateful look and Hunter a hug, she walked into the house.
"This is great!" Hunter enthused "I have got to go tell Olivia!" He ran in.
I stared in the spot he was, I had no idea where his obsession for Olivia had come from. She really creeps up on your doesn't she brother.

"Where has this new love for dad come from?" Franks says smirking at me.

"It's not a love for Dad, I'm just doing what's best for the family." I reply, I hated his guts, but I could get through Hunters dumb match with a little thing to take the edge off.

" I reply, I hated his guts, but I could get through Hunters dumb match with a little thing to take the edge off

"I see, is this from spending that night with Oliviaaaaa?" she says her name in a sing song voice. Smiling at me.
Why did she have to talk about her?