Flores| J.P

"Con flores te llevaste mi tristeza con colores" - Monsieur Periné
_____________

Knock knock

"Mama es Joel," I beamed to my parents. They both knew I was going to go out with Joel tonight since Joel had called in to ask if we could go out on a date.

My father went and opened the door to let Joel inside.

"I brought flowers for both of you," Joel said to my mother and I. The gardener of the house put them in a jar and the men left to let us talk.

"Thank you Joel," My mother smiled. My father stood there silently.

"Come on," Joel said.

"No later than 5!" My dad shouted from the door. I giggled leaving hand in hand with Joel. We got into the car that smelled of new polished wood.

"Come estas?" He asked while we left out of the driveway.

"I'm good," I replied touching up my short hair. It was curled for tonight, my lips were red and plump as ever.

"You look very pretty tonight," he complimented. He then took an abrupt left turn.

"Where are we going?" I asked looking at our suroundings.

"Get out I have a surprise," he said. Music was playing on the radio as we got out.

He opened the trunk and showed me two pairs of roller skates.

"Skating? But Joel I have a skirt on," I exclaimed.

"It's fine," said Joel. "We'll leave the car here and skate all the way to the dinner."

I hesitantly put on the roller skates on my feet as I left my flats onto the trunk of the car. After I put them on Joel took my hand leading me to the dinner where we were going to leave.

As we were passing the same song played on and on in every store we went through.

Joel's hand got very warm making my hand sweat.

"Hold up," I said wiping my hand on my skirt.

He chuckled looking at me.

"I make you that nervous?"

I blushed even more. "I promised myself I wouldn't fall for you," I said crossing my arms.

"But you did," he replied taking my hand once more and then leading me inside a restaurant. It was the new one that had opened a week ago, I smelled the fresh paint still.

 It was the new one that had opened a week ago, I smelled the fresh paint still