Chapter 14: Who was that?!

XX Outside Forest of Death XX

The genin who survived the first exam landed in behind Mimi, slightly panting.

Mimi had made the genin keep up with her as her nin-wolves threw jutsus.

Out of the 16 teams that survived, one genin team failed to avoid the jutsu.

Anko and Mimi scanned each team carefully. They were proud the Konoha team hasn't been taken out yet.

The remaining teams were Team Six, Team Seven, Team Eight, Team Nine, and Team Ten. There was Team Grass, three teams from Sand, Team Rain, two teams from Stone, Team Sound, and two teams from Mist.

Anko cracked her neck and took a deep breath. Mimi giggled and jumped on top of the gate.

"Listen up, brats! I am Anko Mitarashi and I am your second proctor. Behind me is the Forest of Death which holds the some of the largest and deadliest creatures.

Everything is dangerous and this is where you will be for the next three days. Each team will get one scroll, Earth or Heaven, and will have to get the opposite scroll. Both need to reach the tower in the center.

Mimi will pass out waivers, so if you die, I'm not responsible. If you open the scroll, you will have an unpleasant surprise."

Anko frowned seeing Senpū nodding off to sleep. She threw a kunai, scratching his cheek causing him to jump awake.

Senpū glanced around the area for the kunai thrower, only to freeze when Anko appeared next to him.

She licked the blood dripping from Senpū's cheek, before drawing another when a grass-nin held her thrown kunai with her...his...its tongue.

"Don't sneak up on me like that or your team would have lost a genin."

The grass-nin left kunai in Anko's hands before walking away chuckling.

Anko scratched her head before moving back to the gate. She signaled the genin to grab their scroll and stand at a gate.

Senpu, still in his leotard, cracked his knuckles and began punching the air.

Sasuke and Sakura joined in unaware of the other teams looking strangely.

As soon as the gates opened and the genin jumped through, Team 7 stopped punching.

Their eyes hardened as they pulled their fist back and punched. A blast of wind flowed from the punch, knocking some trees and branches down.

With a cheer and some high fives, they jumped into the forest. Anko and Mimi smiled as they watched Team Six get farther away.

XX Forest of Death XX

Senpū and his teammates were jumping from branch to branch when they came across a team from Stone.

Using hand signals, Senpū told his teammates to wait and listen. Sasuke and Sakura nodded, masking their chakra.

"Ryū...did you set the traps around us?"

Ryū nodded and turned to his other teammate.

"Yeah, but Sosi still didn't get the food and you still need to check the surrounding area, Bukai."

The three began to argue, unaware of the three enemy ninja. Senpū called Sasuke and Sakura over to his position.

"Listen. This is our opportunity to attack. Sasuke takes on Sosi, while Sakura takes Bukai. I'll handle Ryū, and if you render your target unconscious, assist someone else. Tactic D&C."