Chapter Two: The Surgery

Wednesday Morning:

Riley is awake from her sleep as she turns over to wake up Dean.

"Dean, wake up." Riley said, shaking him to wake up.

Dean groaned softly and slowly open his eyes to see his best friend.

"Hey" he said softly.

"Hi. Come on, sleepyhead. Time to get up." Placing a sweet kiss on his cheek and get up from the bed to take a quick shower.

Riley goes into the shower and take one really quickly because she knows that Dean has to take one as well.

When she was done she quickly got put on comfy clothes because she knows that she is gonna have to stay in the waiting room for a while.

"Okay I'm done. You can use it now" Riley told him and he nodded.

"Okay I should be out in a sec"

After a while, Dean have put on a shut down sweatshirt and black basketball long pants. Riley grabs the car keys and bag as they exit out of the room.

As they exit out of the lobby, some fans were there to see them exiting  out of the hotel together. Riley unlocks the car and they enter the front side of the car and drove away to head towards the hospital.

With her free hand, she place it on Dean's lap and rubbed it softly.

"You're gonna be fine. I'll be there" Riley said.

"I hope so" he whispered and held onto her hand.

There was silence on the way to the hospital and it was very peaceful.

They got to the hospital and Riley got out of the car and then went to help Dean out of the car.

"Let's do this" Dean said and they walked hand in hand to the hospital.

Just because they are holding hands doesn't mean they are a couple. Dean holds her hand because it's reassurance that she will be there for him through this whole process.

The nurse lead them in the room as Dean change into the hospital gown with his clothes being held by Riley.

Dr. William knocks on the door and enters the room to see Dean and Riley.

"Hello again, Jonathan. How are you feeling?" Dr. William asked. 

"Nervous" Dean said honestly.

Riley rubs his shoulder for comfort as Dean smiled at her.

"All right. The surgery will about two or three hours If this goes well, then you will be back in the ring"

"Dean nodded his head.

"Well, let's get started. Say goodbye to her and we'll be ready to start the surgery"

Dr. William left the room as Riley leans down to place some sweet kisses on his cheek and forehead.

"I'll be here waiting for you" Riley whispers.

"I know" Dean whispers.

Riley looks down at him and caress his cheek.

"Be strong, lunatic"

"I will. Riley?"

"Yes, Dean?"

Dean look at her with those nervous expression, but shook his head.

"Never mind"

Riley was a bit caught off but nodded.