Chapter 8

*HC*

(This will indicate 'half clear' moments in this book. AKA ones where Amelia gets into Seb's emotions and location and- OH WAIT YOU ALREADY KNOW! Sorry, please continue reading.) 

Panic.

Breathe.

Look.

I obeyed.

The lighting of the room was non-existent, I plunged my eyes into the darkness that held my head in all it's glory, searching. 

I felt a pang of anger fill my chest. This agitation did not belong to me, though. 

It was Sebastian's.

A bitter, lonely and helpless Sebastian's.

But that was not all that I felt. 

I felt the ropes clinging to his skin, tying his powerless hands into a merger. I felt the pain seeping through his head and most of his body, the eyes that clearly did not see sleep as a priority in this situation, probably swollen, the mouth that was dry beyond belief, probably after boundless attempts to scream for help.

Yet, all of these things didn't matter compared to the amount of growing fear he felt within his soul. His heart was racing by the mile, he wanted to be strong, I felt it. He was trying, but his efforts rendered nothing more than useless.

That's how he felt, incapable, impotent and useless.

I needed to help him.

I searched the room for the faintest bit of light, something, anything.

This was my chance, I could not waste it.

Suddenly, a ray of hope made its way through the black setting and I saw him.

He wasn't how I had pictured him to be.

 He was far, far worse.

His light skin was stained with slashes of blood, sweat and bruises. His hazel eyes were blood-shot red with deep dark circles finding their way under them. His hair, greasy and muffled. His head dripping of the same red material that seemed to cover his entire body. Hands, tied behind his figure in an invincible knot. And knees, weak, pleading to get out of the bounds of the room.

The feeling that crossed me at that moment would've left me crying at his image for nights together.

Why him? 

I asked myself just as I did before.

Why not me?

I asked with a completely different emotion than  before because not only did I feel his pain.

I felt mine.

I felt mine because of him.

Because he was in pain.

***

I look into your eyes and all is unclear, Is love an emotion that hides beneath fear? - Taken from 'Art Needs Art' - "Faries" .