Chapter 21

The car ride towards Charlotte's house was occupied with moments of silence, witty comments and Gabriel's muffled murmurs. 

It greatly contrasted my previous ride in the vehicle, to say the least.

"How much longer?" A cramped Declan sitting next to Gabriel, whined childishly. 

You see, one thing I've learnt about Declan's personality through this ride of ours, was that apart from the tall, intimidating and occasionally heartless person he could be deduced as at first glance, he had a very playful side to make up for it. 

This was until Charlotte's witful personality would accompany it, making it want to climb into a hole, six feet underground and spend the rest of its life in complete desolation from humanity.

"Until we reach there." Charlotte replied, slightly irritated.

"When will we reach there?" Declan whined, again.

"When I stop the car and you stop your grouching." Charlotte said sending him a glare, again.

And now he shall hopefully stop complaining and seal his lips with super glue of some kind.

Just then, the car came to a stop.

"Told 'ya." Charlotte winked and I giggled.

The house in front of me was homely. Red bricks built its two storied structure, with a cream colored door for its entrance and pretty plants nicely placed near the driveway we were currently in and all over the building.

When we got out, Declan carried Gabriel in his arms, towards the door that Charlotte was unlocking with great skill and ability.

As we heard a click, the door opened and I was met with the sight of the beautiful interior of the house.

With the wooden floor, white walls, fireplace and comfy looking sofas - it indeed looked like a home I wouldn't have minded staying in for the next few days.  

What caught my eye, though, were the late Christmas decorations neatly placed in a corner, waiting to be used.

"Haven't you celebrated Christmas yet?" I asked Charlotte.

"I'm waiting for Sebastian to come home so we all can celebrate, together."

The hope in her voice and the pessimistic mind I had only lead to one question.

What if he doesn't?

"He will, Amelia." Charlotte replied to the question I unconsciously said out loud. 

"All he needs is a smart young lady, like yourself to be trusting so."

I blushed slightly at the compliment and took in her words. They were true, I shouldn't let my negativity rule over my thoughts and control my mind.

My eyes found a particular picture Charlotte was smiling at as she said those wise words and I too smiled.

It was of her and Sebastian. She with one hand draped around shoulder and the other ruffling his hair. He with his then short figure was standing irritated next to her but not enough to tarnish the clear affection in his hazel eyes.  
(A/N: YES. I USED HAZEL TO DESCRIBE HIS EYES, AGAIN. DEAL. WITH. IT.)

He'll be back..

I thought.

And with that, hope was not just optimism sliding back into my veins, but a promise of trust in a certain boy I knew I'd see again.

Or I thought it was until monologue conveniently added on to the sentence. 

..hopefully.

Stupid pessimistic Amelia.

***

Give me hope and I'll give you fear,
But give me trust and I'll forever stay here.