Chapter 27

"So that's what happened." I said more to myself than anyone else within the room.

The amount of information regarding this case that I had gotten to know in the last hour was almost equivalent to the amount I'd known in a lifetime; a lot, that is.

Who knew my involvement was a little more than supernatural ability?

"So, how did you guys find the warehouse?" at this question, it all came back to me.

Half clear.

Visions.

Nghtmares.

Screeching,

echo,

blood,

Sebastian,

captive,

tied,

scared,

trust,

hope.

"Charlotte, before I tell you this, I need to ask you something." I said calmly.

"What?"

"Do you trust me?"

Charlotte scanned my eyes for any hint of forgery.

"Yes." she replied confidently.

"I knew where Sebastian was because I have visions of his location and can - to an extent, feel what he is feeling."

Her expression shifted to utter bewilderment.

"What?"

This, ladies and gentlemen is the part where I, along with Gabriel and Declan explained a highly perplexed 'Lotte what and how I was 'half clear'.

"So you have visions often?" she asked.

"No. They come and go."

"Do you have any control on them?"

"No."

"What about the emotions?"

"They're related to the distance between Sebastian and I."

"Oh." she looked into my eyes once again and voiced her thoughts.

I hope she believes us.

I hope so too.

"You know, as a neurosurgeon I never thought I'd see the day hallucinatory visions and emotions are not only true, but can also help in finding someone. This just shows how much the human brain can do and how much more we need to understand it. You're a special girl, 'Melia. Very very special."

My heart was filled with joy with her words.

Maybe she could help us figure all of this out after the case got over.

Maybe after this case got over we could be best friends.

All of us.

Except Declan.

Declan can go bury himself in that hole.

He's a meany.

I know monologue, I know.

"Thank you."I sent her a warm smile.

She sent one back.

"Well, now that we are aware of how we all got here, can we focus on how to get to him?"

Point once again proven.

Declan.

Is.

A.

Meany.

"Yes." said Gabriel, "Now that we know that the 718 gang has a hand in this kidnap, we can find his location of hiding. They only have one more place known to the authorities where they could possibly be hiding. In Lachester, it's an eight hour drive from here I believe."

"Yes." Charlotte confirmed.

"They couldn't have gone too far, but it's better to get there as soon as possible. Especially because they know that we're on their trail." Gabriel said intuitively.

"We better get going then." said Declan, already standing up.

"I'll drive." Gabriel declared, taking out her GPS.

"You sure? I mean, you just recovered. I'm sure I can-"

"OH! Help this man and his skepticism towards driving women." Charlotte said, effectively silencing a reluctant Declan.

"Okay." He agreed, getting out of the building.

And with the drained words, an unlocked door, a moving car and a violet bag with a leather journal; we were off on our search for Sebastian.

A search we didn't expect to be accompanied by blurred aspirations, soon to lead our way.

***

The moment I saw her I knew she was incredible of kind,
I knew that to know her would be an implausible find.