Chapter 33

Stay strong, Amelia.

Thinking that, I looked up preparing to be met with a scary terrifying sight.

And it was a good thing that I did.

Because as soon as I looked up, I saw Sebastian, tied to a chair with harsh ropes that stung his skin at contact. They were tied tightly enough to stop the circulation within his body, and I could already feel his weak limbs going numb.

"Sebby." X droned out, slowly walking around Sebastian's chair. He had his hands clasped together behind his back and wore a wicked grin on his eerie face.

"Oh tiny, tiny, Sebby. Delicate we are, aren't we?"

Tiny? He's 5 foot 11'

Sebastian glared at the large man, unable to move a muscle further. I could feel the rage, fear and helplessness bubbling inside of him as he did so, it was a miracle he still managed to look so composed.

"Well, Sebastian, you better tell us everything you know about the Jewel, so that delicate little body stays in one whole piece."

He said the words dangerously, inducing chills down Seb's spine. Yet, Sebastian continued to look the man dead in the eyes, staring at him boldly; like a lion that's about to be killed by its very own prey.

"You can take my body, X. But you can't take the Jewel. It belongs to the legacy of Lockwood, the government could put it to good use. It could feed the starving, heal the poor and educate thousands of people, giving them a brighter future. I can't let it go to waste on the greed of a few people who don't even deserve a future. I want this Jewel to do good, and if my body is the price to pay for that, I will."

I was taken aback by his kindness. He didn't care about his life, he didn't care about his pain and he didn't care about his future. All he wanted was the happiness of thousands of people that never may know how much he was about to sacrifice for their well being.

"Ah, a saint! That's exactly what we need, the hero to this story. But we're the bad guys, right?" X drew out a knife, it's blade shining sharply under the window light.

"And bad guys, dear sebby, can be very bad."

He placed Sebastian's hand firmly onto the arm of the chair, Sebastian's fingers were shaking slightly and I could feel the amount of fear going through his system.

"Last chance, Seb. Tell me, where is the Jewel of Lockwood."

Tears welled up in my eyes at the sight before me, I couldn't let this happen to him. I couldn't let him sacrifice so much when justice could still be received without it. I cared about this boy, more than I ever should.

I need to do something.

With that cognisance, I stood.

"I KNOW!" I screamed, causing all heads in the room to turn in my direction.

Sebastian was the first to whip his head in my direction. Once he did, his eyes widened into saucers. I could feel his emotions - happiness, fear, anger, confusion and absolute disbelief.

"Amelia?" My own name made the tears in my eyes trickle down my cheeks.

This was not because I hated my name, but simply because I loved the boy who said it.

"Sebastian.." My tears wet the cement floor.

***

That hears my cries and shapes my laughs,
That stays forever - if we last.

(Taken from 'b r e a t h e' - 'If We Last.')