Chapter 29

(A/N: Guess who was about to give up?
Me.
But not so fast, amor.
Not. So. Fast.)

**

It was as if lightening of some sort had stuck my chest with extreme voltage.

I scanned the pages once more, reading every single page where 'M' was mentioned.

They were all memories.

His memories.

And even my memories.

17. 7. 2007 read the number of one.

I immediately recognised it as the day he had come back from 'Hawaii'.

Dear Journal,

He stated, his handwriting shifting slightly.

As I've told you before, it's been really hard to not get paranoid about my safety.

It seems as though everything that I hold - the information, the key, the letter and all that I've managed to find so far, is somehow going to come back to bite me later.

Well, he did get that right.

You see, as I was wandering the roads of Kingsland, searching for clues, at every point I had been observant enough to spot something within the shadows.

Now, I don't know if this is just the fright within my mind or the work of an overactive imagination, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially when it comes to one's life itself.

So, I've prepared a list of so called 'gangs' that might want something to do with the Jewel and have written all that I know about it in here.

In case anything happens to me, you know where and who to look for.

I've placed this journal at Char's place, If you find this,'Lotte, I'd just like to let you know that no matter what happens, I love you very much and will always be with you, forever and always.

And even though M will never read this, I wish I could tell her the same.

Till the end of time.

-Seb.

***

"Bye.." said he, turning away fast,
Because maybe that word would be his last.