Chapter 11

"What?" Came Gabriel's voice from the other end, slightly shocked.

"Yep." I said proudly.

"Where?"

"Well.. there's this warehouse on Sphincter street. It's not visible at first glance, but a good look around can help one find it. I could easily spot it if you allow me to come with you-"

"Amelia." she cut in.
"I know that you want to find him as soon as possible and I know you really want to help. But dear, if he is really held hostage there then it may be dangerous for a young girl-"

"I'm seventeen!"

"-like you to go there. There might be guns, bombs, weapons, god knows what might-"

"Gabriel." I cut her off.
"My parents are full time detectives. Do you really think that I'm not used to those things?
This building was the same warehouse that 718 had hid in.
After they found him and got him in jail, a few gang members seeking revenge had come to get me when mom and dad weren't home. I dodged their bullets, beat them up, got them in the hospital for two weeks and then of course, in jail. I'm used to these things. My parents wouldn't mind, they're off in Kingsland for some case-"

"I know." She said. After all, they were the ones who got me to meet with her in the first place.
They were the first ones to believe in the first place.

Gosh, we love them so much

I know monologue, I know.

"They trust me, Gab. And I think you should too."

"I do, 'Melia. I just don't want you harmed."

"How could I be harmed when I'm with such an amazing detective?" I said sweetly.

That should get her.

She coughed a little before speaking, I could almost see her blush through the speaker of the phone.

And it did.

"You're not giving up, are you?"

"Nope."

She sighed before answering.

"Pack your bags, we might be out for a few days. I'll pick you up in an hour. We're going on an adventure!"

I screamed with joy and lept in excitement.

Finally something we can do this vacation.

Hmm, vacation. Good thing Seb isn't missing any school because of this drama.

And neither will we.

Yeah, yeah.

I was ecstatic. Not because I was going on an adventure, not because I got something to do, not because she trusted me, not because the empty home won't bother me anymore.

No.

I was happy because I had hope.

Hope that somehow I could find Sebastian, unharmed and all in one piece.

***

Found are none when deep lay fear,
For, midst the dark we're half clear.

A/N:
Dedicated to LakeunderMoonlight, bestie and claimed HCD (half clear head).
(THAT WAT I CALL DA FAN OF MA BUK.)
(LOL. Who am I kidding, my book ain't got no fans.)
(Sad story, BRUH.)
(I knooooooooooooo *cries in corner.*)