Chapter 13

The car was filled with a comfortable yet fragile silence.

I stared at the snow covered objects outside through the cold car window.
Christmas had just gone by and there were very few days left for the new year to begin.

29th of December, this was going to be an interesting day.

The town was lit up in Christmas spirit. From the beautiful lights dangling from the tall, deciduous trees, to the candy canes placed firmly within the sparkling snow, there was only only way to describe the atmosphere - happy.

This bothered me a little more than it should have.

How dare the world celebrate while Sebastian is somewhere fighting for his life?

Monologue questioned.

Because he isn't Santa?

Monologue answered, with a question.

This is no time for jokes!

Monologue angry.

OK. Chill.

Monologue chilling.

As I continued with my snow gazing, I noticed a familiar turn come by.

Sphincter street.

I immediately sprung out of my seat and looked at Gabriel to see if she was aware of our destination.

"Gabriel?" I called her slowly.

"Yeah?" she answered softly.

"We're here."

"I know." she said.

As we stopped, I looked at my surroundings once again and the reality of the situation hit me like a football.

Right in the face.

We were here, right here, the possible place where Sebastian was held captive. We were here with the sole dependence of my visions. The same visions that I can't control. We were dependent on my ability to go 'half clear'. We were dependent on the feelings that come with being 'half clear'.

We were dependent on the same feelings that I couldn't feel right now.

***
When felt is nothing within the heart,
Distances between may tear us apart.