Chapter 31

(A/N: Back to reality..)

I woke up with my heart racing frantically.

"STOP!" I screamed, causing Gabriel to jerk the breaks to a halt.

"What happened, Amelia? Is everything okay?"

Charlotte and Declan joined in with their worried stares.

"I just went half clear."

These words were enough to get their complete attention.

"What?" They all asked in unison.

"What did you see?" Gabriel asked softly, she probably remembered to be gentle because of the last time.

You know, when you frantically burst into tears.

I know monologue, I know.

"I'll explain on the way. For now, you just have to trust me, take a turn and get to Poglan as fast as possible."

"Poglan?" 'Lotte questioned, looking at me confused.

"But that's-"

"Please."

And that's what it took to get us we were speeding in the other direction, with me explaining what I'd seen. I told them everything, about Sebastian,  X, the other man who knew we were coming and finally, about the death-threat.

"They said they'd kill him." I'd said.

Everybody froze, the silence in the air full of sadness and fear.

"Why?" Charlotte finally managed to choke out the word with closed watery eyes. I felt the car slow down slightly.

"I'm sorry." I knew her pain without even needing to be half clear.

Why?

Because I feel it too.

A few seconds later, a new set of words were whispered.

"It's okay."

The car caught back it's pace.

"Gabriel?" I called Gab slowly.

"Yes?"

I inhaled deeply.

"Do you have any idea where they might be going in Poglan?"

Gabriel took some time to ponder upon the question.

"I'm not very sure." she spoke.

And that very sentence shattered my hopes completely.

Great! We don't even know where we're going. Honestly, how will we even find them?

How can we be so sure that by the time we get there Seb's not already been killed?

What has he even done to deserve this? All he wanted was justice, now look where it's got him.

This is all my fault, if I would've done something sooner, maybe he wouldn't have been in this mess. He would still be with me, alive and healthy. Stupid, stupid, stupid-

"I think I do." Declan broke my chain of thoughts. Funny, I almost forgot he was here.

And just for that, twenty points to the meany!

"I mean, we were dealing with a case in Poglan some time ago. It was regarding 718, there's this place - Shanigan, I believe. It's famous for things like this. It's hidden, but I think I can find it. It's on Jander street, alley number twenty-three. We'd just found out about this place when Seb's case had started, didn't think much of it. But now, it's clearly life saving."

Sure is.

...

Thank you.

I thanked him internally.

"Now, if you'll just let me drive-"

Nevermind,

I take it back.

Declan.

Is.

A.

Meany.

...

A useful meany.

***

Leave the sky, but love the rain,
Forget your sorrows but remember the pain.