Chapter 15

Slowly, we made our way towards the building. The crunching sounds that followed our footsteps filled the silent December air.

On reaching the buidling, curiosity prevailed and I found myself going closer to its enclosure.

Now up close, I could see the tiny details that the photos were unable to capture for us to behold.

The cement grey walls were unevenly packed with small clusters of sand and stones. When further examined, one could see exactly why this location was perfect for any crime that needed to be done.

It was perfect because of its walls.

Yes, the same walls that acted as boundaries for any sound that may come from within. Thick confinements, blocking any light that the sun may throw on its surface or any temperature that the weather could assemble.

It was perfect to hide.

"Amelia, over here!" came Gabriel's shrill scream, jolting me back to reality.

I turned to see her with the officer near the entrance of the edifice, ready to enter the mysteries that lay within.

I followed them as they lead their way into the worn-down warehouse with delicate steps.

On entering, we were met with the sight of darkness. I immediately took out my flashlight from the backpack  (I was almost like an older, more confused version of Dora) and allowed it's light to cut through the dark alley.

With the new found brightness bringing our surroundings into clear vision, I looked through the alley.

It was a long, dark pathway with the same grey walls that I was aquainted with before, each of them containing a break in the middle where dark grey doors found their place.

On reaching the first door, the officer attempted to open it by hand. Once that resulted to be unsuccessful, he kicked the door ajar with great skill and incredible force.

I examined the room to see one similar to that of the vision. The same cracked grey walls, sole lightbulb hanging from the ceiling and slightly damp floor greeted me.

But, the things absent were the numbers 718 written on the corner and of course..

..Sebastian.

Gabriel gave me a questioning look, as to whether this was the same room I had seen. To which, I shook my head in no.

Moving on to the next door that lay within the walls of the confinement, I started feeling nauseated and clamped.

My heartbeat suddenly went wild, adrenaline shot through my veins as the door was knocked open.

I was greeted once again with the same setting as before.

Only this time, I managed to see a 718 conveniently scratched in the corner, along with which sat a woman, with strawberry blonde hair and piercing blue eyes looking dumbstruck in our direction.

"Shit." was the last thing that reached my ears before she got up and ran.

***

People may come and people may go,
But some with stories deeper than you ever may know.