Chapter 17

Charlotte.

I said to myself.

What a beautiful name.

I know monologue, I know.

There are many names that have a certain spark within them, they remind you of things warm, beautiful and significant.

Some, take us back to the star studded nights, where diamonds dance across the darkness that holds the sky.
Some, remind us of the ravishing sunrise, where layers of light strike the oblivion once again, silently telling us that even after a night full of dark nothingness, light is bound to find its way through and into our world.

Charlotte - this name took me back to the warm aroma of a Caramel lattè, filling a coffee shop on a Sunday morning.

Hot coffee, awakening a drowsy mind. Sweet Caramel dancing on one's taste buds. A dash of cinnamon, a hint of peppermint and a sprinkle of hazel-

Wait...

HAZEL!

SEBASTIAN!

I shot back into reality.

The reality where this name was not just a reminder of a divine, hot beverage, but actually held other significance.

It was the identity of the woman currently in our hold.

"Amelia?" asked Gabriel's voice.

"You okay?"

"Yeah.. don't worry.. I just uh... had a little.. difficulty in breathing.." I answered.

"I could see that." she said and turned to the captured.

"Charlotte, I'm Gabriel Roberts, head Detective of IAB. This is Amelia and that's officer Declan, Deputy in Chief of the Boston police. We are here on a case and since you were present on grounds of suspicion, we require to ask you a few questions. If you answer them providing us the needed information and evidence, you may go without any charges. If not, serious action may be taken, do you understand?"

Charlotte nodded curtly.

"Declan, start the interrogation."

"Why were you here?" asked the officer, slightly loosening his grip.

"I...uh.." she looked down at her feet.

"...well.." anxiously she fiddled with her fingers. I looked into her crystal-blue eyes, which now held an emotion I was all too familiar with.

Fear.

"We won't hurt you." I assured.

She looked back at me, examining my expression, probably contemplating on whether I could be trusted or not.

I maintained a look of promise.

So she, gave me an expression of trust.

Taking a deep breath, she started her explanation.

"Well.. have you heard of the recent abduction of Sebastian Adams?"

Clearly, this mystery had far more than what met the eye.

***

There's more to each story than words can tell,
Words are what matter when theory does dwell.