Chapter 1

I sat there and examined the room I was sitting in.

It was a peaceful setting, but the atmosphere, it was tense.

The light blue walls were simple, classy paintings were perfectly hung on each of their very middles. Two potted plants sat conveniently either side of the room against them. A contrast black sofa was just below one of them, on which sat a man, probably in his mid twenties - who just happened to be a police officer, one with a rather serious look on his brow. And finally, there was a beautiful woman sitting in front of me, in a chair that seemed so perfect for her flawless self.

This faultless woman I speak of was also in her mid twenties. Her long, dirty blonde hair was neatly tied with a band that so beautifully fell into its place on her shoulder. She was fair, but not too fair. Tall, but not too tall. And curious. Very very curious, which of course- was in my favor. For, this was not just an ordinary pretty-looking woman.
She was a detective, on duty, trying to solve the case of a missing boy. And again, this was not just any ordinary missing boy. To me, he was the one who made almost everyone in the living world think that I had gone bonkers. He was the reason I had gone bonkers. He was the very reason I was sitting here amidst these established human beings, answering questions which you would only expect from someone who thinks you're..well.. crazy.

I was angry. Sebastian? How dare you create this situation? How dare you go 'missing' and happen to just show up to me in...

"So, Amelia, shall we begin?"
My accusative thoughts were interrupted by this amazing woman's beautiful voice. For I was instantly calm and ready to answer her possibly annoying questions. Well, at least she trusted me.

She trusted me.

The thought was so relieving. Finally someone out there was ready to listen to what I had seen..
Someone out there who thought I wasn't indeed, insane.
"Yes." I replied in a low, assuring voice. Heck, anything that will make people believe I was as normal as possible and confident in my own mind and words.

I'm NOT making this up, I said to myself.

Or am I?

It was.. indeed half clear. To me, to her and also..to him.

---------------------