Chapter 26

As she said these words, a pang of anxiety not my chest. My breath hitched in my throat and my mind was going wild with possible images of these treacherous people.

...

I'm scared.

We all are.

If it weren't for the fact that Sebastian was currently in the hold of the desperate, jewel crazed lunatics, I would've probably admired his bravery.

Right now, though, I had to find a way to get him back.

"How did they know that he cracked the code?" I asked.

Charlotte stood up, "It was simple. All the clues lead to only one place, from where his search would start."

"Which place?"

"Kingsland."

I looked at Gabriel to see her head turned at me with the same expression.

Oh. My. God.

When did he even go there?

"He went to Kingsland for a week, telling his parents that he wanted to take a small break from school. They were adamant at first, but later reluctantly agreed."

So he didn't go to Hawaii after all! I knew he didn't want any more of a tan.

"When he came back with the location and solved mystery, they followed him. And so, here we are finding his location and solving his mystery."

Ha.

"That still doesn't explain how you found the warehouse." Declan said raising an eyebrow.

"That's the thing about Sebastian. He's not just smart, but also a master of probability."

What? What is she trying to tell us?

"I got all of this information from here." She said, opening a drawer that we hadn't noticed she had walked to.

She took out a leather coated book, it's cover words imprinted in light golden ink.

Sebastian Adams it said, Personal Journal 2007-008.

Well this took a turn..

"When Seb had returned from Kingsland, he has suspected that somebody was following him. He noticed the little details that nobody ever could. The slight drift in interior, the black cars with Kingsland on their number plates. These were the little things that lead to his suspicion."

Really smart.

"He decided, therefore, that it was best to do a little research for his own safety. He listed down the possible gangs that might need his location, the ones who got away with kidnap, the ones that this gang had to team up with in order to capture him."

Woah.

"The only gang possible was that of convict 718. It was already at the brink of ruins after 718 went to prison. It needed money to function, money that would come from none other than The Jewel of Lockwood."

Damn.

Everything is connected.

..

Like a spider web of clues.

Bad comparison, monologue.

...

K whatever we're still cool.

"And it's all in here."

As she said these words, Charlotte walked towards me and handed me the journal. I examined it carefully. It was used, a fact clearly evident through the beated cover and curved sheets. Of course, only about three fourths of them seemed tainted, indicating that it was to be used further.

Huh.

Wonder what he'll write at the end of the year.

I slipped the book into my backpack, I'd definitely read it whenever time allowed.

"So I looked up the place where convict 718 was found because most likely he would be hidden there."

"Why didn't you come straight to the police when you found such an  important evidence?" Asked an agitated Declan.

"Would you have believed me? No. You would've taken the journal and extend the case further."

She had a point.

Knowing this, Declan once again sealed his lips.

***

I thought of her as the hidden moon,
A distant beauty I'd be seeing soon.