Chapter 36

"Amelia!" I heard Charlotte's shrill scream, urging me towards her location.

I looked back and ran towards Shanigan. When I got there, the sight made me stop dead in my tracks.

The sight of X - a man of pure muscle, holding his gun to Charlotte's head in hostage and a frightened pair of Gabriel and Declan - pointing their guns towards his figure in blackmail.

I didn't know what was scarier - the fact that each gun held immense capacity to be the cause of someone's death or that each one of them had enough skill, ability and experience to kill.

As I had mentioned before, I did not handle things like death well. The emptiness of nonexistence is simply not my cup of tea.

But when I looked into X's cold, empty eyes - I knew that this man was completely numb. He was numb to pain, numb to sense and numb to human emotions of empathy.

He was numb to humanity itself.

There was nothing about this man that would make him human. Maybe it was a broken past, maybe it was a load of pain or maybe it was simply the loss of hope.

Whatever it was, he needed to feel again.

He needed to know of the good in the world, he needed a second chance.

He didn't need death.

That's exactly what I thought before slowly creeping behind him, closing my eyes and plunging his own knife into his arm - the same arm that held the gun, that dropped down onto the floor.

Gabriel immediately shot up, shooting his leg so he would stay down. Declan walked towards X and pointed his gun at X's head.

"Any last words?" He asked.

"He won't be needing any." I intruded, "Leave him, Declan. I think we've taught him a lesson enough, let the rest be done by his term and regret."

Declan looked at me and let out a sad sigh before kicking X twice and letting him go.

I looked one last time at X and the gratitude in his eyes was enough to tell me one thing -

This man could heal, he could ponder, he could be human; once again.

I turned towards 'Lotte.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"I'm fine," she brushed the snow off her shoulders. "where's Sebastian?"

"I'm here." He said, a small smile playing on his features.

Upon hearing his voice, I immediately ran up to him, enveloping him in the most gentle (bruises) - yet tight hug I could muster.

He's here!

He's actually here!

I won't ever let him go again.

Ever.

...

I love him.

As soon as the realisation set in, I looked into his Hazel eyes and felt the same very emotion budding through his system.

This struck my mind with a life changing theory.

We're Elizabeth and Goerge, given another chance to give love a voice.
To be able to feel what we are.

We're their second chance at forever,

their hope,

their life,

their happy ending.

Who was I to not give it to them?

...

So, I did.

"I love you."

I said the words into the warm color of Hazel, letting them ring midst the cold winter air.

"I love you too, Amelia." came a response from the voice I'd thrived to hear for so long.

"I love you more than you'll ever dream of. I've loved you since eternity and I'll love you till forever is not just a word of promise, but one kept with you by my side. We'll make our destiny, Amelia, and we'll live it - together."

I hugged him once more, letting his presence set into my senses, letting myself believe in his promise, letting myself feel his emotions without even needing to be half-clear.

Because from that moment, everything was transparent - it was a piece of shattered broken glass, one that I moulded to use to complete myself.

Everything was white - like the color of the snow that surrounded us. Untainted, undaunted and with nothing to hide beneath it's hold.

Everything was clear - like the waters of a holy river, stained by our sins but transparent enough to show us it's beauty.

Everything was whole, everything unraveled and everything lucid.

All was clear.

And with the sky, the rain and an assurance, it always will be.

***

FIN.

Yaaaaayyyyy!

It's finally done.

Finished.

Complete.

I is a happy unicorn now.

Thank you soooo much for reading, seriously it means A LOT to me that someone took the time to read whatever I've jotted down.

There will be an epilogue to follow (that I've already pre-written bwhahahaha).

Anyway, thank you!

Bye!

Have an amazing day!)