Chapter 10

I saw my phone light up. When I looked at it's screen, I instantly recognised the number.

"Amelia.. dear..."

"No. It's okay, I'm fine."

"Sure?"

"Sure."

"Okay then.."

"Gabriel?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think we could figure out where he is?"

"Well.. Amelia.. by what you've told me, I can see that he is somewhere in dark, damp and not so good conditions. But honey, I really need you to recollect. Think. Was there anything else, anything at all that you could see when the lights flickered?"

I began thinking just as instructed.

I could see Sebastian, of course. But at that time, I guess my attention was drawn so towards the fact that he had been harmed, that I even forgot about searching for a clue of where he was. I could not be blamed, though. Looking at him like that would make me abandon the details of my own very name.

I drew the image in my head once again and concentrated, not on the boy with hazel eyes in the corner of the room, but on something that will help me find the same pair of hazel eyes, again.

The room was lit with a golden light cascading down every belonging of its four walls. A shadow was cast by the chair that held Sebastian in its clutch, behind its shadow I could see a table on which the shining light had caused recognition of the item placed on it.

A knife.

Next to Sebastian, I could see a wall.

This was no ordinary cement-made wall, though.

This wall looked familiar.

The grey stains on its black surface, the slight rift on one end, the small crack that made its way to the top of its corner. But most of all, the numbers 718 scratched conveniently on the center.

We know this wall, 'Melia!

Screamed my inner voice.

Where?

Ugh. Think, think, think, tinkerbell, jinglebells, batman-

Sphincter street.

He was in the warehouse!

The same warehouse that my parents were talking about, the one where convict 718 had crashed and gone into hiding.

Why couldn't we identify it earlier?

Asked monologue.

'Cause we're dumb.

Fair enough.

I'd seen so many pictures of that case that I had every single detail impressed in memory.

"I KNOW WHERE HE IS!" I screamed into the poor phone, now a victim of sound abuse.

***

When all things disturbing left behind, Nothing is left that one can't find.