Chapter 6

"What if we adopt a kid?" I asked, through the phone. "I don't know Tony, I actually wanted to keep trying.." She mumbled. "Well we can adopt a kid and still keep trying." I know not being able to have babies, hurts her. "I'll think about it, yeah?" She sighed. "Sure." I heard voices in the back. "Who's that?" She chuckled, "it's Mike, he's helping me cook."
"I thought he was at work?"
"Yeah me too, but I ran into him at the grocery store."
"Oh okay, well I'll see you later. Bye, I love you."
"Bye, I love you too."
Why isn't Mike at work? I ran into him at the grocery store. Bullshit. No! I can trust Catherine. I know she's not like that.
I sighed as I left the break room. "Tony I need you to bring the guitars from the storage room." My boss, Jack, instructed me. "Sure man." He handed me the keys. I just wanna go home.
~~~~~~~
I arrived at the house,
"Babe! I'm home!" No answer. "Mike! Stop! I'm serious!" Catherine and Mike came downstairs. "Hey Tone!" I glared at them, "Hey." I muttered. "What we're you guys doing?" Catherine grabbed Mike's hand and showed it to me, he had toothpaste smeared on it. "Mike was helping me and he burned his hand with hot water." Catherine rolled her eyes. "Well imma head out." Mike said. "You don't wanna stay and eat?" Catherine suggested. "No, thank you, I'll come by tomorrow with the guys." Mike left. Catherine went back in the kitchen, "You wanna tell me what the hell was that?" I spat. Catherine just looked at me, "What are you talking about?"
"Why the fuck was Mike here while I was gone?"
"It's Mike! He's our friend!"
"So! I don't want any of them in the house while I'm gone!"
"Tony! What the fuck! So now you don't trust me?" I looked down. "No." I mumbled. You idiot! You do trust her! Tell her!
"Well that's fuckin pathetic!" She pushed pass me. What have you done, Tony?