Chapter 27

I sighed, not this again. "Jason. Don't let your parents get you down on YOUR wedding day." He was looking down, "Jason look at me." He looked up, "Are your parents marrying Mike? No. Do your parents control your sexuality? No. Your parents don't control your life. God put you in this world to make yourself proud, not just your parents. Think about yourself, Jason." I sighed. "Look Jason, I wish I would've told this to my brother, but I didn't. And I regret it, I lost him. I already lost someone who I loved and cared for, I can't lose someone else." Jason smiled. "That was deep." We chuckled. "Now go out there and marry the shit out of my bestfriend!" Jason smiled, "I love Mike." "You better! Or I'll whoop your ass if you do anything that'll hurt him." Jason chucked, "I believe you."
~~~~~~~~
"Do you Jason, take Mike to be your husband, your partner, your love, and your best friend? Do you promise this day to share your life with him, to respect him, honor him, support him and love him, through life challenges and celebrations. Will you stand by his side from this day and for all the days of your life?"
"I do."
.........
"Then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss the groom." Jason leaned down and kissed Mike. I couldn't be any happier for them.