Chapter Four

{Harrys PoV}

I still felt her hand against mine. The way her soft skin felt was something I only dreamed about. I had held other girls hands, but they were always trying too hard, squeezing too tight.

Rylie just held my hand back.

She didn't try anything else, didn't say anything, just held my hand.

It was crazy how much I already fancied her within the four days I had began to re-know her.

"Harry?" Her delicate voice questioned from the doorway. I looked up from my notebook, smiling at her.

"Yes, love?" I closed the book, setting it off to the side and standing.

"I was wondering if you'd like to help me bake a cake." She said softly, her voice almost never raising. She was precious.

"What's the occasion?" I asked, seeing she had changed into loose shorts and a white t-shirt. She had also put her hair up into a bun, some loose ends framing her face nicely.

"I have extra cake mix and I want cake." She shrugged, turning and walking towards the kitchen. I chuckled, following her. I watched as she stepped up to the counter, the ingredients already laid out before her.

"I got it all set up while you were in there. I didn't want to interrupt but I was getting a bit lonely to be honest." She blushed, my lips pulling up in a grin as I grabbed a hair holder from her wrist.

"What are you-"

I tied my hair up.

She didn't bother trying to hold in her laughter, which I was greatful for. She looked beautiful when she laughed.

Cliche Harry, so very cliche.

"You look like a-a five year old." She sputtered out, tears of happiness pricking her eyes.

"My stomach, ow." She still laughed. I rolled my eyes, grabbing the instructions for the cake and starting. "W-wait." She breathed, coming to stand by me.

She set the instructions in front of us, so both of us could see before she grabbed the cake mix. All we really had to do was add water, eggs, and oil. I didn't care much, as long as I was doing something with Rylie I was fine.

She cracked the eggs, getting one all over her hand.

Rylie focused again, something I noticed she almost always did, focusing on something. Her bangs fell in front of her eyes and she tried to blow them away as she poured the correct amount of water. She kept trying to blow the hair away from her face, not succeeding yet not wanting to get egg in her hair. I faced her instead of the counter, tilting her chin up and moving the hair behind her ears.

You're such a fucking cliche Harry.

She held my stare for a moment afterwards, setting the measuring cup down.

"Thank you." She smiled, standing on her tip toes. My eyes fluttered shut.

Please kiss me.

Please kiss me.

Please fucking kiss me.

Her lips only hit my cheek.

It was still wonderful though, her soft lips hitting me, setting my skin on fire. She set her feet fully back on the ground, her cheeks red. We both stayed quiet as she continued making the cake batter.

My eyes opened, seeing she had started mixing the ingredients. I moved to take the spoon from her, feeling bad I hadn't helped. She stepped back a little biting her lip and watching as I mixed the batter.