Chapter Fifteen

{Saturday Evening}

"Rylie, baby, please let me explain. I know what you think happened between Belle and I and I can promise you it didn't if you could just let me-"

"Message deleted."

"Rylie. I know I should have been more careful with drinking last night, but I only wanted to have fun with you and-"

"Message deleted."

"Rylie, damn it, listen to me. I lov-"

"Message deleted."

I set my phone down, turning it off as well. I turned around to face my wall, grabbing another sticky note and writing on it.

Naïve.

Maybe I was overreacting?

Maybe Harry and Belle didn't do anything?

But why take the chance.

Why have that thought lingering over my head that they could've very well done something, and that she would always want something from Harry.

Why take the chance at a broken heart.

It really was not worth it, I didn't think. I know everything is suppose to work out in the end, blah blah blah. . . But it never has for me before, why would it start now. It wouldn't.

I stared at my wall, knowing I was ruining my fathers creation again, but I couldn't help it.

I had to show myself everything that was wrong with me in order to learn a lesson. I needed to understand my flaws and at the moment, there were at least one hundred of them. Little words, written on little cards, hung up on my little wall. It was all quite pathetic really. I wrote down another one.

Pathetic.

I jumped as someone knocked on the front door, but I already knew who it was.

"Rylie! Let me in princess!" He called, my body staying unmoving from my bed. The knocking stopped after a couple minutes, a scream escaping my lips as Harry knocked at my locked window.

Tears were streaming down his face and he was pleading with me to let him in, but I only looked back to the wall of notes, his eyes surely following.

"Rylie, let me in right now." He demanded, my anger building and my body leaving the bed. I walked over to the window, a look of hope on his face before I closed the curtains on his beautifully broken face. "Rylie. Please." He begged, my body slipping back into my bed.

"Rylie isn't here right now, please leave your message and she may or may not get back to you." I said loudly, my voice cracking as I made a beeping noise.

"Rylie, I love you. I should've said it sooner, but I love you." He started, tears leaving my eyes as I pulled the covers over my head. "I didn't sleep with her, I know I didn't. I hate her. You're the only person for me and I can't live without you." He cried, tears leaving my eyes. "Answer me." He demanded, my eyes closing as I made another beeping sound to show he had no more time for his "message".

"No, Rylie! You can't do this. You can't shut me out. I can't live without you. I need you." He sobbed, my body curling into a ball as I cried harder and harder. His fist beat on my window, his voice spouting random things.

I stayed silent under my covers, hearing rain starting to fall.

"I love you." Harry said, everything becoming silent.

After a minute, I uncovered myself, breaking down again in tears.

"I love you too, Harry." I whispered to myself, no one there to hear me.