Chapter Eight

{One Week Later (Friday)}

"A party?" I continued eating my sandwich, looking at Harry with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, Zayn and Liam are throwing a party and invited me, so I'm inviting you." He grinned, dimples popping as he drank his tea. I played with the rug that had sat on my kitchen floor since I was in grade school, debating going to a party.

"A party?" I smiled lightly back at Harry, his face lighting up as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards our room.

My mother had gotten back only yesterday from Florida, from my uncles funeral. She had today off and had spent it sleeping, and eating. I poked my head into her room, seeing a few empty beer bottles that I am positive were not there before, sitting on her nightstand.

"Mum?" I said softly, Harry's hand still locked with mine. We had gotten even closer this past week after my umm, incident.

"Hmm?" She mumbled, her face down in the pillows.

"Harry and I are going out and might not be home till late, is that alright?" I questioned, hoping she would be too tired (or hungover) to say no.

"Mhm." She mumbled again, turning in her bed. I softly close star door, turning to Harry.

"She says yes."

***

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea." I panicked as the music thumped and people crowded everywhere. And we weren't even inside the apartment yet.

It was a penthouse, apparently Liam and Zayn both come from very wealthy families.

"You'll be fine, just stay with me." He whispered, his hand gripping my waist as we knocked on the door. Liam answered.

"Harry! Rylin is it?" He smiled, swim trunks on his body instead of actual clothes. I almost forgot Harry's specific description of the apartment which included the hot tub on the balcony.

"Umm, it's actually Rylie." I smiled politely, getting overly hot in my jeans already.

"Oh, well come on in anyway." He chuckled, opening the door for us. A girl walked by with only a swim suit on, winking at Liam as she walked away.

"You two have fun." He grinned, following the girl. I looked up at Harry, his smile comforting me.

"I'm not going to drink." I said, our bodies finding their way to the kitchen somehow. "Or smoke." I added, Harry turning me to face him.

"You don't have to. I don't want you to do anything you are not comfortable with ." He said, leaning down and kissing my lips.

"Harold!" Zayn yelled, coming over and throwing an arm around my shoulders as he spoke with Harry. I moved Zayn's arm, recoiling back to Harry's side.

"You've got her trained." Zayn laughed, telling Harry he was going to kick everyone out after twelve and that we, along with Louis, Niall and Liam an some guy named Jack, could all hang out in the hot tub.

"Have a nice night." Zayn added before he left, smirking at me.

"He frightens me." I said, Harry guiding me around the apartment.

"He means no harm. He is just sometimes a cocky asshole." Harry shrugged, leading me to the balcony.

"Sometimes?" I asked as we stood by the railing, his hands spinning me to face him.

"Sometimes, yeah." He grinned, pulling my lips towards his. I laughed through our kiss, which was quickly turning into making out.

"Aye, no PDA!" Niall shouted over the music, him and Louis making their way over to us. Harry sighed, kissing my lips one last time before turning to face the boys.