Chapter Twenty Two

{Harry's PoV}

I watched the house closer, noticing how still it was. I had been in Manchester for almost two weeks, and my list of houses was slimming out. None of the other boys had been having any luck, and Marisa had basically written her daughter's eulogy, but I wasn't done looking. The porch light turned on and out walked a man. I looked closer, having to steady myself. It was Eric. I took a breath, watching him turn the porch light off and look around before entering the house again. I watched the windows closer, biting my lip as I saw her. Her hair was a tangled mess, her face bruised, and her eyes staring straight at me. Eric pushed her and slapped her, and I fought my urge to exit the vehicle. Even if I did get inside, he would probably have a gun. I couldn't do this alone.

Eric gripped Rylie by her hair and pulled her away as the lights went out. She knew I was here, she knew I would save her.

Now if I could only figure out how.

The police would sure come in handy, but what if Eric just kept her locked up until they asked for a warrant. He would just hide her elsewhere or kill her. Unless I could get them to have a search warrant right away. I grabbed my cell phone, calling Niall, then Liam, letting them know I had found her. After that, I quickly dialled the police, talking rather fast to them.

"Sir, you say you saw this?" The woman asked.

"Yes, this man has my girlfriend and he plans to kill her. He kidnapped her almost three weeks ago, and now he has her here and she is close to dying." I rambled, just wanting her safe already.

"We will send a couple men to come and check it out, okay? You stay put." She explained, my answer being yes.

{Rylie's PoV}

My eyes opened a bit, hearing a knock on the door. I blinked, seeing Eric was too drunk to notice the knocking. I sat up as best I could with the hand cuffs, looking at the nightstand for the keys. I quickly turned, picking up the keys with my feet and letting them drop into my lap. I let the keys fall through my legs onto the pillow, then laid back down to grab them with my hands. They knocked again and a mans voice spoke up.

"This is the Manchester police, open up."

I smiled, tears of joy erupting from me as Eric snored drunkenly. I unlocked my right hand, then my left, seeing freedom right in front of me. I stood out of the bed, still barely able to walk from not eating. I started running for the front door, knocking over a glass bottle and hearing Eric getting up. I unlocked the dead bolt just as Eric caught up to me with his knife he had kept near the bed.

"Help!" I screamed, his hand coming around my waist and the knife digging into my lower stomach. I screamed out in pain as the door opened and he dropped me to run, but the officer grabbed him. I couldn't breathe and everything was hazy.

"Ma'am, you're going to be alright. Get me paramedics!"

***

Everything was white.

Hospitals were always so fucking white.

"Rylie, sweetie? Are you awake?" A nurse questioned, coming to my side immediately. I nodded, her head following mine as she handed me a styrofoam cup of water. My throat was dry and so were my lips and everything hurt. I could feel I was only skin and bones, and my hair was a mess, but I also knew I was free.

"You have some visitors, do you want them to come in right away?" She asked me, keeping a quiet and careful tone. I nodded, not able to find my voice. She smiled, walking out into the hallway.

About three minutes passed when I heard running in the hallway.

"I am going to have to ask you all to slow down, please!"