Chapter Ten

{Wednesday}

{Rylie's PoV}

"I hope they thought I played well." I worried, taking a sip of coffee as the boys all groaned.

"You did wonderful." Harry promised, his arm finding its way around my waist. Louis and Liam nodded, Zayn and Niall too busy scarfing down their sandwiches.

I saw Louis elbow Niall in the side, his head starting to nod frantically.

"Wonderful, yeah." Zayn said, his mouth full. I laughed, looking over as the bell on the door of the cafe ring. A tall girl with long, wavy brunette hair entered, looking around for someone.

"Belle." Liam smiled at her, waving her over. She smiled, walking over to the table and sitting by Liam, who placed a kiss on her cheek. I made an "awe" sound and she blushed. Harry tensed.

"I'm sorry." I apologised. "I'm Rylie." I held my hand to the girl, which she grabbed and shook.

"I'm Isabelle." She said with a gentle smile, grabbing Liam's drink and taking a sip.

"Sure you can drink that." Liam said sarcastically with a small chuckle. She smiled, setting the cup down on the table as she spoke, making everyone laugh, besides Harry.

"Good, because I wasn't going to waste time asking."

***

"I like her." I told Harry as we drove towards home. It looked as though it would storm soon, and I really didn't want to be out during that.

"Isabelle?" He turned the corner rather sharp, and focused on the road.

"Yeah, she seems sweet." I shrugged, turning the radio on.

"I guess, Liam's been with her for about two years. But some things that happened last year, made things get a bit ugly." He shook his head, rain starting to fall.

"What happened?" I questioned, turning the volume on the radio down and looking over at Harry.

"We were all at this party." He started, taking a breath. "We were all pretty intoxicated, none of us really remember anything except her and some other people, but long story short, Liam kissed a girl so Belle kissed me. Things got taken a little to far and Liam saw us making out and he basically beat the shit out of me." Harry said, his hands gripping the steering wheel as the rain hit harder. A knot formed in my throat and I couldn't breathe.

"Y-you and her?" I said softly, not looking at him anymore. "How far did it get before Liam knocked some sense into you, exactly?" I added, biting my lip. He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Neither of us had our shirts on and her hand was down-"

"Okay." I stopped him, closing my eyes and feeling as if I was going to throw up.

"Rylie, you have to understand I don't remember any of that. It was before I was with you." He said, stopping in the driveway to my home. I felt a tear slip and I didn't know why.

"Do you still feel anything, for her. Because to of done that you obviously had to have felt an inch of something." I croaked, tears ceasing, yet my throat still welled up and tight.

"I never felt anything for her Rylie. Damn it. I knew I shouldn't have told you about any of this." He shook his head, taking the keys out of the ignition, leaving us in silence.

I climbed over the centre counsel, sitting on Harry's lap in the cramped truck. I ghosted my lips over his, watching his eyes close.

I was only being a tease to prove a point, not to be mean.