Chapter Sixteen

{Saturday}

"Rylie." My mum said as I scratched behind the ears of the black cat lying on my bed.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, the cat purring and cuddling up near my side.

"Harry's here." She said, my eyes moving to the door where the curly haired boy stood with a smile on his lips and a book in his hand.

"Hey." I smiled, sitting up and watching my mum close the door behind Harry.

"Hello, princess." He said, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed, the cat tensing a little. "I've got something to show you."

He showed me the cover of the book, my eyes seeing it was a sketch book. I looked at him with confusion. In the past week I had remembered and pieced almost everything together until about this past summer, when Harry had arrived. I couldn't remember anything about University or Harry or the boys. The doctor had thought that my brain was repressing the most painful memories.

"What's this?" I asked, his eyes meeting mine as he smiled.

"Open it." He said, placing it in my hands. I hesitated, my fingers flipping through the pages until I hit a drawing that made my heart stop.

"It's us." I said softly, Harry moving to sit right next to me. My fingertips felt over the pencil sketch, Harry's attention to detail leaving me breathless. "It's us, kissing in the rain." I said, sort of shocked.

"Rylie, I don't want to scare you or rush you, but you and I, we were in love." Harry whispered softly, my eyes never leaving the page. "I would like to say 'we are in love' but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that." He said, hurt flowing throughout his words while he spoke. I looked up at him, not knowing at all what to say.

"Harry." I tried, unable to get the words out of my mouth. I wanted so badly to remember him, and all we had together but right now I just couldn't. Everyone told me Harry and I were together, and I didn't doubt it any. I felt the connection with him, like magnets almost, but still I felt a mistrust.

"Rylie, I love you." He whispered, taking the sketch book from my hands and setting it off to the side.

"Did I love you?" I asked, turning around to face him, the cat leaving its place next to me.

"You did." He said, looking at me with pained eyes, as if he was hiding something. I sighed, lying down with my head on his chest.

"Wait until I can remember a little more, Harry." I said softly, unsure of whether or not that was the right thing to say.

"I would wait for forever just for you, princess." he laughed softly, probably finding his own line of speech a bit cheesy. I looked up at Harry, watching his eyes look down to mine.

"Can I ask something of you?" I questioned, hoping he would say yes to my request.

"Anything." He said, kissing my forehead lightly as I cuddled my head into his chest.

"Sing me to sleep, like you did at the hospital." I said, his body tensing.

"I didn't think you could hear me." He trailed off, wrapping his arms tightly around my body. I smiled, laughing softly.

"Please, Harry?" I begged, yawning a bit as he moved to sit up a little bit more than he was.

"Okay, just try to get some rest princess." he sighed, my eyes closing at his demands.

"I can't make you love me, if you don't. I can't make your heart feel, something it won't." His voice rang throughout the dark room, my mind slowing down and my breathing becoming heavy before I was out.