07 || Firstly, That Was Racist

I'm only human, can't you see?

I made-I made a mistake

Please just look me in my face, tell me everything's okay.

Never Be Like You ~ Flume (feat. Kai)

___

"What were you thinking, Flag?," Amanda Waller shouts through the screen of the iPad Sierra was holding. As anyone could have guessed, Sierra and Rick were getting the shouting of their lives, with both of them acting like teenagers.

"It was all my fault, Amanda," Sierra steps up, "I knew Aaron was a lead and so I thought I would investigate."

"It's not that you stole the artifacts that surprised me," she grits her teeth, "It's that you slept the night at his house, leaving the most lethal team on this goddamn planet on their own!"

"I'm sorry, Amanda," she breathes out, "It wont happen again."

"I hope not, for your sake," she states, then changes her direction to Rick, "Can I have a word with you, Flag?"

"Of course," Rick nods.

"Alone," she glares at Sierra.

Sierra clears her throat as she got up, "Excuse me."

"I'll see you later," Rick told her, turning his gaze back at the screen, "Yes, Amanda."

"Why do you do this to me, Flag?," she sighs.

Rick stares back, confused, "Do what?"

"When the Enchantress left with Dr. June Moon, do you remember what I said to you?," she questions.

"I have a hazy memory," he responds, "Do elaborate."

"'Your emotions of lust and love are clouding your abilities as a soldier and your morals of a leader'," she replies, "When I hired Agent Keller, I expected her to do her job."

"What are you implying?," he leans in to the screen.

"The both of you are distracting each other from your duties and morals," she states, "Flag, this is a search and find mission, not a little love-fest. I expect you to do your job."

"You shouldn't expect us to be robots," he hisses, "Colonel Rick Flag, over and out."

He closed the cover of the iPad, shoving his face in the palms of his hands. He let out a small groan, fluttering his eyes shut for a moment. He thought about June, and he thought about her a lot, but what if she was gone? What if this was it?

'No, it couldn't be,' he thought. He loved June more than any other person in his life, and the thought of her disappearing forever shattered his heart, but the thought of him jeopardizing Sierra's carrier because of his unwanted feelings didn't make him any happier.

It was truly evident that he had feelings for Sierra, especially after their kiss that night in the conference room back at the base. He hadn't met a more strong and powerful woman than Sierra Keller, and he wanted to explore her personality.

But, for both their sakes, he had to detach from her completely, saving their carriers and maybe future emotional pain.

"Why so glum, chum?," Captain Boomerang sat opposite him on the beach's picnic table.

"Why do you care, tarantula-wielder?," he rolls his eyes.

"Firstly, that was racist," he smacks his lips, "and second, because I know that you're hurting because of my sister."