09 || Flag Cannot Know, Do You Hear Me, Keller?

I wanna believe in you, I wanna believe in you

So why can't you be, be good to me?

Good to Me ~ Ashley Tisdale

___ 

Guilt washed over Sierra in the next few days as Rick planned to find the Enchantress. She didn't have the guts to tell him that June Moon, his June Moon, had actually departed from this world, he was too invested in finding her.

Sierra stare blankly at the screen of her iPad, waiting for Amanda Waller to finish what she was saying.

"What's your source for this?"

"Oliver Queen, he told me that she's gone," she explains.

"Oliver Queen?," Amanda furrowed her eyebrows, "The Star City vigilante?"

"No—I mean, yes, but he's here to help us," she protests.

"I do hope so, for your sake, Agent Keller," she sighs.

"I don't know how to tell Flag about this," she mutters, lowly.

"He won't know," she states, "Last this we need is a drop of productivity."

"What does that mean?," she narrowed her eyes.

"That means, if you tell him, he'll be less motivated knowing that the love of his life is dead," Amanda Waller says in a serious tone, "Flag cannot know, do you hear me, Keller?"

"Loud and clear," she murmurs under her breath.

Amanda voices, "Amanda Waller, over and out."

The screen goes black.

Sierra slumps back into her chair, pinching the bridge of her nose. Her mind kept darting back to Rick and how much he loves June Moon, but what she felt guilty about was not telling him about her. It was as if someone had placed the world on her shoulders and there was a strong weight on her chest.

She was deep in thought when a musky voice made her jump.

"You okay?," Oliver came and sat down beside her while the others filed into the room. The squad and Rick Flag continued to enter, taking a few drinks out of the several soda bottles lined up agains the cupboard.

Sierra thanked God that the room was big, so that the people in it could be far away from her and Oliver as they would start their conversation. Rick took a plastic cup, filling it with some Coke and sipping on it as he placed a death glare towards Oliver.

"No, not really, Ollie," she sighed, lowering her volume so that only he heard her voice.

"Why?," he asks, mimicking her tone.

"I can't tell him," she looked down at the oak wood table she was leaned against.

"You don't want to or you can't?"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because," she sighs, "Amanda Waller said that if I tell him then I'll just lower his productivity and motivation in our mission."

"If he's a soldier assigned to this mission, then love won't stop him to fulfilling it," Oliver argues.

"Do you really believe that, Ollie?," she gives him a knowing look, reaching her hand out and placing it on his bicep.

At this point, Rick is beginning to fume, for a reason he doesn't know.

His facial expressions soften, "No."