17 || The Outsiders

We only said goodbye with words

I died a hundred times

You go back to her

And I go back to...

I go back to us

Back to Black ~ Amy Winehouse

___

The team was still back in Cape Canaveral, wondering where they went wrong. No, Rick was wondering where he went wrong. His head wasn't in the game at all, and his emotions definitely didn't cooperate with him either, making everyone around him very anxious and frustrated over the fact that the wasn't leading them.

"If you're done with your Notebook romance, we should really head onto finding this goddamn witch," Deadshot huffs impatiently.

"She's dead...," Rick mutters.

"What?," Deadshot leans in to hear better.

"She's dead!," he repeats, louder.

Everyone was silent until Harley spoke up, "June?"

Rick nods, staring at the manila sand on the ground.

Deadshot rolls his eyes, "Who the fuck cares, man? This mission is to kill that mother-fucking witch!"

"Hey, Deadshit, take it easy!," The Joker defends Rick.

"What I'm trying to say is that, you need to get your head in the game, Flag," Deadshot stares at Rick, "What would June want you to do?"

"Not fall in love with, Keller," he scoffs at himself.

"Is this a mission or a hollywood soap opera?," El Diablo snickers.

"Great, now it's up to us," Deadshot looks at the rest of the squad, "We've gotta do this, with or without Flag."

"I'm coming," Rick pipes up.

"Rick," Oliver stops him, "are you sure you want to do this and not talk to Sierra?"

Rick takes in a shaky breath, opening his mouth for an answer, "..."

Sierra had found herself back at the hospital beside her brother

Sierra had found herself back at the hospital beside her brother. For the first time since the accident, she was alone. No doctors, no nurses, no Owen, and no Rick. Alone.

She couldn't decide if she liked the feeling, but she couldn't care less at the moment. Her heart reached out to Digger, and some part of her wanted for him to wake up, to flutter his eyes open and shoot her a snarky comment. She wouldn't have minded, she just wanted to see some sort of physical representation of life in him, anything at this point.