|| Epilogue ||

Make sure to read the last chapter, I feel like people are skipping it because I published both chapter 22 and the Epilogue at the same time.

___

And now it don't feel like the world's on my shoulders

everyone's leaning on me

cause my baby knows that her daddy's a soldier

nothing can take her from me

Hailie's Song ~ Eminem

___

After ten years, two kids, three break ups, and an inevitable marriage, Rick and Sierra Flag were a happy couple. They had everything they had ever wanted, and everything that Rick had promised her that day in the hospital.

And yes, Rick had named their male, six year old, Golden Retriever 'Boozer', and Sierra couldn't stop him. She could only wait till the children started asking questions as to what the name meant, and then she would tell them to ask their father.

They would often be visited by John Donovan, who Sierra had gotten to know quite well in her and Rick's time together. Their children would often refer to him as their grandfather, and neither Rick nor Sierra objected, it gave all of them happiness.

Harley and the Joker had since escaped, El Diablo and Deadshot were the new the heads of the new Suicide Squad, or Task Force X, and Killer Croc was still in the penitentiary, under the squadron. They had kept up with the prison buzz throughout their lives, not missing a single update from Amanda Waller.

And at the moment, they were getting ready for a dinner party at a mutual friend's house.

"Tom!," Sierra called their ten year old son, as she fixed her necklace, "Get the door, it's Uncle Dig!"

Frustration took over her as the hook in her necklace wouldn't cling on. Rick came from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist and looked at the mirror at their reflection, "You look as gorgeous as the day I met you."

"Oh, shut up," she rolled her eyes.

His hands trailed up her dress and rested on her bare neck, looping the necklace around and fixing it in place, "You're beautiful."

"I love you," she muttered, turning around to plant a kiss on his lips.

"Ew!," Tom shouted in disgust of his parents sharing a kiss. There was no doubt that Tom was named after Sierra's late brother.

"I think it's cute," Digger comes in, their seven year old daughter, Sarah in his arms.

"Can Uncle Dig babysit us forever?," Sarah hugs his bare face, his beard still not making a comeback.

Sierra chuckled, then asked Digger, "Did you bring Paige?" Paige was Digger's wife, who was now heavily pregnant with his second child but their first.

"She's already here," Paige came in, hugging Sierra, "You look stunning."

"Look who's talking," Sierra was telling the truth, Paige looked good for a pregnant woman.

"Oh, please," she rolled her eyes, "Dig's been hammering me about going to the dinner, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity of babysitting my favorite niece and nephew. Plus, I need the baby experience."

"Good luck," Rick chuckled, earning a playful yet scolding shove from Sierra. He looked at his watch, "Well, we gotta head out, see you in about three hours."

"Take your time," Digger rocked Sarah in his arms.

"Love you, big brother," Sierra pecked his cheek, then hugged Paige.

"Bye, buddy," Rick ruffled Tom's hair before pecking Sarah on the forehead and muttering, "I'll see my little princess later."

And with that, they were off, stepping outside of their house, hand in hand, and towards the car. Sierra chuckled, laughing at the stuff Rick was saying, talking about the weird stuff he makes his assistance at work buy, since he got promoted to General, and then send to Amanda Waller, he gets a kick out of it.

Suddenly their phones ring in unison, with both of them answering only to find out that it's a video message. The hologram of Amanda Waller's body is projected through their screens.

"Agent Keller, General Flag," she starts, "There's been a breach at the penitentiary. We need all the help we can get. We've called in our best forces: the Justice League, Superman, Oliver Queen, and every other agent you can think of, but we need you."

Sierra looks at Rick, smirking. She grabs their safety guns out of the car, buckling them into holsters, then driving off into the city towards the ARGUS headquarters.

"Let's do some Mr. and Mrs. Smith shit," Rick smirks.

"I'm in," she nods, joining his smirk.

___

So the book is finished!!!

Now, I have a few questions for my avid readers;

1. Would you like a sequel? Would you want:

• A story about Rick Flag and Sierra on how they got to the Epilogue?

or

• A story about them re-assembling the team after the epilogue to find the Joker and Harley?

It was a complete pleasure writing this book, and I want to dedicate it to a few people:

-reyskywalker for designing the cover and being my rock of motivation

stilestark for leaving the funniest comments :D

imsebstan for just literally existing, and just cracking me up :*