Chapter 10 • Closer To My Corner

(27/08/2016)

MARNISE'S POV

I took a long drive home, but before I got there I remembered that I was still wearing the suit. I stopped at a local shop and went into the bathrooms to change. After I finished, I put everything neatly into the duffle bag and finally drove home. I opened the gate and went into the garage.

It took me a while to get out of the car because I started thinking about the boys that are living in my house at this moment. I can't allow them to be my friends at any cost.

I know, I know, I did say we should try this whole thing. But they never said that we couldn't stop if it didn't work. I have to be nothing but inattentive as possible and hopefully they'll get the message if they contain any shred of common sense in their brains. I've also noticed that I've been too kind and friendly with them and I need to turn that down by a few thousand notches.

I got my duffle bag and went into the house. I felt like eating an apple so I went to the fridge to get a green apple and noticed that they are dishes just sitting there in the sink. I hate it when there are dishes left in the sink because they end up calling the cockroaches, ants and flies. I heard the sound of a ball bouncing and it hit me that they're outside probably playing basketball.

I went outside through the glass doors to see them playing there like they haven't committed any crime.

They make me sick.
Except for the fact that they're shirtless, that I can live with.

They stopped playing and they waved at me only to get a look of disgust in return.

"What's wrong?" Jaden asked

"All of you and the kitchen are wrong." I said and turned away into the house. I went upstairs into my room to drop my duffle bag on my bed. I went over into my walk in closet and got one pair of black sweatpants from the enormous collection of sweatpants that I have. I peeled off my jeans and changed into the sweatpants, but I wore the same shoes that I was wearing because I was lazy.

From my room, I could hear the clinking sound of dishes and that was music to my ears. I got my phone along with my earphones and put them in my hoodie pocket. After that I went downstairs and plonked myself on the couch and the boys followed shortly after.

"That wasn't so hard was it now?" I tried to show the least amount of emotion in my voice because I have to let them get the message. Even though it's indirect.

"It was the hardest thing that has ever happened in my life." Dylan exaggerated.

"That's nice." I commented

"Why isn't there any wifi?" Alex asked

"You want there to be wifi, when I'm already letting you in my house? Shame, just use your own data, 'cause ain't nobody gon' be wasting money on such. And plus it's enough that I have data, if there's wifi around, I won't know the meaning of sleep, ask Robbie why." I explained to them.

When I say that I don't know the meaning of sleep, I really won't! Like when I had WiFi installed here, Robbie and I would stay up for days doing dumb things. And I -being a night own and early bird at the same time- ended up not sleeping to a point that I would sleep in class and get drowned in homework I never knew I had. Robbie then had the WiFi removed because he saw that it was starting to affect not only my school work, but my sleeping patterns as well.